Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    Doesn't the school pay for it? My GCSE stats was 1% from an A and they said that it would cost £20 to remark so I didn't bother, it's not that important.
    No my school likes to scam money off me. How much do photocopies cost?!? A £2 administration fee? Lol i'll stop complaining, but it has to be said that £60 is a lot of cash for photocopies.

(Original post by Ramaya)
    No my school likes to scam money off me. How much do photocopies cost?!? A £2 administration fee? Lol i'll stop complaining, but it has to be said that £60 is a lot of cash for photocopies.
    Yeah it is, I'll have to either be content with low marks or be extra careful to get good results, I don't have that kind of money! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    My plans are get drunk(er) and then enjoy my holiday in Italy.

ReputationRep:
    Off to UCL to do Law in September..wahey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blamps)
    Off to UCL to do Law in September..wahey
    congrats
    my cousin was supposed 2 go there for law ... she was predicted AAAAA and got ABBBB so she didnt get in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotus_lee)
    I'm waiting for a reply from KCL, which looks like it will probably arrive tomorrow now. They rejected me for Mathematics but have offered me a place for Computer Science but I'm not sure whether I want to do it. My alternative would be Italian & Linguistics at UCL but I can't phone them up to check to see if they have vacancies until KCL reply back so that I get released.

First things first, I need to get some food into my body. Haven't eaten all day.
    I phoned RH to ask if they had any vacancies in English before I phoned my insurance to get released (still remain unreleased) and persuaded RH to make me an offer. They're holding my place, and keeping an eye on my application until I can get my insurance to release me. I'm glad I made that quick decision - I pinched one of the last places.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    I phoned RH to ask if they had any vacancies in English before I phoned my insurance to get released (still remain unreleased) and persuaded RH to make me an offer. They're holding my place, and keeping an eye on my application until I can get my insurance to release me. I'm glad I made that quick decision - I pinched one of the last places.
    Well, I haven't yet phoned UCL about Italian & Linguistics and I probably won't until Monday! I hope there are still some places left by then, because I would be proud to go UCL. However, I finally got a reply via e-mail from KCL this morning and they said I pretty much have a place guaranteed for Computer Science should I be interested in it and I have until Monday to decide. I asked whether it could be changed to Computer Science with a year abroad, and whether I could spend the year in Japan. Man, that would be so great, even though I had never planned to do Computer Science in the first place and it has all come quite suddenly! Oh well, I have a best friend who got AAB (while I got ACC) and we could be doing the same course!

Damn, if only I could get TWO modules from a fail to a D or something, I would be looking at ABB instead and I would probably be going to SOAS!

ReputationRep:
    just done the wrong option, i actualy didnt get the grades(in fact no way near) but Nottm Trent still let me in :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotus_lee)
    Well, I haven't yet phoned UCL about Italian & Linguistics and I probably won't until Monday! I hope there are still some places left by then, because I would be proud to go UCL. However, I finally got a reply via e-mail from KCL this morning and they said I pretty much have a place guaranteed for Computer Science should I be interested in it and I have until Monday to decide. I asked whether it could be changed to Computer Science with a year abroad, and whether I could spend the year in Japan. Man, that would be so great, even though I had never planned to do Computer Science in the first place and it has all come quite suddenly! Oh well, I have a best friend who got AAB (while I got ACC) and we could be doing the same course!

Damn, if only I could get TWO modules from a fail to a D or something, I would be looking at ABB instead and I would probably be going to SOAS!
    RQ31 Italian & Linguistics BBC, A Level language preferred

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-stu....shtml#italian

Its on clearing, get your arse on the phone!!!
    Study Information Centre: 020 7679 3000
    E-mail: [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amex)
    I got AAAAB, holding an offer for Imperial. Haven't decided whether to reapply to Oxbridge (probably oxford) yet!!
    I thought Oxbridge - or at least Cambridge - didn't take people who are reapplying due to the fact that they got better grades than they thought? From what I remember, the Cambridge prospectus said you'd need to apply next year if that's the case. Maybe they were just saying cus Unis do bend rules all the time I guess?

ReputationRep:
    I am off to univ in canada/pk/uk....don't know yet!

ReputationRep:
    Im going to do my exit score tests (QCS) on the 31st and 1st of this month... :eek: and then im going to wait until December to recieve them. :eek:

So you will all be able to give me advice then.

ReputationRep:
    would u class doing a foundation dip. going to uni or what?

ps it is at the same uni i plan on going to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow_kisses)

• Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by rainbow_kisses)

yes

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.