Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Who will you vote for in the general election? Watch

• View Poll Results: Who will you vote for in the general election on 8 June?
    Conservative
    22.64%
    Labour
    36.63%
    Liberal Democrat
    14.16%
    Other
    6.50%
    I can't vote
    20.07%

• TSR Community Team
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:

So we're all set for another general election. Who will you be voting for?

ReputationRep:
    my man Corbyn

ReputationRep:
    Conservatives

The only party that has a chance of not self destructing the UK.

Labour and Lib Dems are finished, I can't wait for Clegg to lose his seat. Labour will most likely lose 30% of their seats, the Lib Dems will be lucky to get a few seats. UKIP will take a lot of labour seats, and the SNP will take all of scotland.

UKIP, conservatives and SNP will come out of this best.

ReputationRep:
    I can't vote, its a month before I'm old enough to

If I could I don't know, my whole family votes conservative. I'd have a look through the manifestos for all the candidates in the constituency and make a decision then.

ReputationRep:
    Probably Lib Dem.

Why haven't SNP been included in the poll? They are the third biggest party in Parliament.
    • TSR Community Team
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    Probably Lib Dem.

Why haven't SNP been included in the poll? They are the third biggest party in Parliament.
    Simply because they can't take power. It's just a little snapshot poll - you're right that there are lots of parties missing but that makes it too long to fit into the TSR sidebar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    Probably Lib Dem.

Because 90% of the population can't vote for them.

ReputationRep:
    SNP are c***s either way.

ReputationRep:
    Socially and economically, I'm on the same page as Theresa May.

ReputationRep:
    This is a no brainer Definitely Tory.

The fate of our very nation depends on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke7456)
    This is a no brainer Definitely Tory.

The fate of our very nation depends on it.
    The tories were the ones to put us in this mess to begin with, calling a referendum to protect their own hinds and failing to win!
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Depends. I live in a three-way marginal seat which voted for Brexit by just 252 votes. Labour and the Lib Dems had a higher combined vote than the incumbent Tory MP in 2015, so I'm hoping there can be some kind of Lab-Lib pact so to as not split the anti-Tory vote. If that doesn't happen, I'm voting Lib Dem. **** Corbyn!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Merlin98)
    The tories were the ones to put us in this mess to begin with, calling a referendum to protect their own hinds and failing to win!
    Brexit is a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    No one, what's the point.

ReputationRep:
    Torys and clegg won't lose his seat he is the mp for the area I live in at uni and it's quite studenty/middle class so I don't think they share the same concerns as many of the labour voters in Sheffield. The students and intelligentsia will keep him in lol. However I'm going home and voting Tory

ReputationRep:
    Probably no one... the safe conservative seat that I live in is probably as safe as it's ever been. The most worthwhile use of my vote, once again, would appear to be a vote against FPTP by not taking part at all.

I've got an exam the next day, so I think i'll put my time to better use than pretending like I have a say in all this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miao_miao)
    Conservatives

The only party that has a chance of not self destructing the UK.

Labour and Lib Dems are finished, I can't wait for Clegg to lose his seat. Labour will most likely lose 30% of their seats, the Lib Dems will be lucky to get a few seats. UKIP will take a lot of labour seats, and the SNP will take all of scotland.

UKIP, conservatives and SNP will come out of this best.

I am not sure I agree with the UKIP part of that sentence. They based the existence of their party on leaving Europe. And now that has been deemed a success by its own members, they do not have a reason to exist.
    I hear their current leader peddle the "we have to hold the government to account" etc, but there is an entire House of Commons, with actual Members of Parliament who will do that job, a damn sight better.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got registered yet. I will not vote. I am despair of politics:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Normally, I'm most in line with the Conservatives, but if the Lib Dems stand on a platform to remain in the EU I will vote for them without hesitation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antssy)
    I am not sure I agree with the UKIP part of that sentence. They based the existence of their party on leaving Europe. And now that has been deemed a success by its own members, they do not have a reason to exist.
    I hear their current leader peddle the "we have to hold the government to account" etc, but there is an entire House of Commons, with actual Members of Parliament who will do that job, a damn sight better.
    People vote UKIP as a big :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: you to immigration. If you are a right wing tory, you will vote UKIP. This country right now is pretty much Centre Right, with the Far Right gaining majority every day.

The Left is finished in the UK, for a while.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
General election 2017 on TSR
Register to vote

Registering to vote?

Check out our guide for everything you need to know

Manifesto snapshots

Manifesto Snapshots

All you need to know about the 2017 party manifestos

Party Leader questions

Party Leader Q&A

Ask political party leaders your questions

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.