What do you do on your revision breaks?

Watch
Amefish
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
On every piece of revision advice ever, you are advised to TAKE A BREAK. But sometimes when I take a break, I end up getting hooked into my break and I never come out of it :laugh:

Today I've found an effective way to spend my break, since I'm weirdly motivated today. I'm eating grapes, writing this post and listening to this PCR song:

Spoiler:
Show

What do you during your revision breaks?
Pugglet
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I walk my dog or play with her outside
Badges: 13
Report 3 years ago
play games
Amefish
Rep:
?
(Original post by ded101)
play games
Every time I play games, I find it hard to stop :laugh:
username2926188
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Go to Dubai to get a snack and watch the dancing foundations then come back, just in time.
Logic4Life
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Scroll through TSR (sigh)
TK_23
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Read a book - it's weird because more reading but...
Amefish
Rep:
?
(Original post by TK_23)
Read a book - it's weird because more reading but...
I wish I could do that! I get really horrible migraines from eye strain after a certain amount of concentration (even when wearing my glasses) so I have to give my eyes a rest during my breaks
TK_23
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Amefish)
I wish I could do that! I get really horrible migraines from eye strain after a certain amount of concentration (even when wearing my glasses) so I have to give my eyes a rest during my breaks
I see! - I get eye strain sitting at a computer, even though I have anti-glare on my glasses so I feel your struggle
Food always helps me during breaks
Amefish
Rep:
?
(Original post by TK_23)
I see! - I get eye strain sitting at a computer, even though I have anti-glare on my glasses so I feel your struggle
Definitely! I love rewarding with a fruit smoothie or some other refreshing food
ha.anon90
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I watch sing along to songs 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
maroumarou
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Normally I just go to the shop below the library and buy a drink. If I'm at home I just take two breaks which are lunch and then going to the gym.
Eddy253
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I play table tennis
DeepInTheMeadow
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Every time I play games, I find it hard to stop :laugh:
Maybe set a timer during your breaks so you don't run over? That's what I do.
I read, listen to music, climb a tree in the garden or play computer games.
physicsamor
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Watch the originals
everested
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
get air
Kathy89
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Have you considered fitting a different pair for up close and distance?
I know optometrists don't usually do it for teens but when I was at school I used to have that problem with reading for a long time. Without glasses I was out of focus (astigmatism issues), with glasses I felt a lot of strain and it seems like the lenses are way too strong. It was solved when I was fitted a different pair for reading (well, it was after school, but it was good and helped me a lot during university).

(Original post by TK_23)
Have you considered blue-light filter or blue light blocking eyeglasses... and as the answer above, different pair?

Food is great... I felt in love with this the last year of university. It was easier to study when having a snack. It is something psychological, sometimes when you have a snack while studying you stop thinking you are studying and feel good about having the snack so it makes it easier and less noticeable... hope it makes sense.
Elastichedgehog
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Eat, sleep... uh.. Not much else
Kathy89
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I prefer doing some sport activity or watching an episode.
Amefish
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kathy89)
Have you considered fitting a different pair for up close and distance?
I know optometrists don't usually do it for teens but when I was at school I used to have that problem with reading for a long time. Without glasses I was out of focus (astigmatism issues), with glasses I felt a lot of strain and it seems like the lenses are way too strong. It was solved when I was fitted a different pair for reading (well, it was after school, but it was good and helped me a lot during university).
My glasses are only for close up things like reading, going on the computer, etc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.62%
I'm not sure (56)
4.65%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (351)
29.15%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.91%
I'm not a current university student (586)
48.67%

Watched Threads