Can I retake my final year at university Watch

01kim10
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have being suffering from depression and anxiety so have been unable to attend uni for my lectures. I have a doctors note and extenuating circumstances for all my sem 1 modules and 1 of my sem 2 modules. will I be able to retake the full year as I have not been able to submit any work?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 01kim10)
I have being suffering from depression and anxiety so have been unable to attend uni for my lectures. I have a doctors note and extenuating circumstances for all my sem 1 modules and 1 of my sem 2 modules. will I be able to retake the full year as I have not been able to submit any work?
Yes, but you need to drop out and go through the official procedure. Talk to student welfare and your tutor. Look up the uni rules and then approach the department. They need to accpet it is justified.
01kim10
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Yes, but you need to drop out and go through the official procedure. Talk to student welfare and your tutor. Look up the uni rules and then approach the department. They need to accpet it is justified.
Thanks Tigger, I will do that
everested
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sometimes when you repeat exams in final year, the grade you get on repeat is capped at third class honours. It depends on the uni rules. This should not apply to you due to extenuating circumstances, but just watch out for it and ensure you get your deserved grades next year. Best of luck.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 01kim10)
Thanks Tigger, I will do that
You need to get it sorted out now and before you take any exams.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (23)
37.1%
No I don't (28)
45.16%
I work during the holidays (11)
17.74%

Watched Threads