Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    Why doubt edders! God there are some sad bunch of losers on this site! Besides i h8 people that use the term 'ironic' in completley the wrong context! GOD DAMN U! lol....well done dders!
    cheers unreg, i know what you mean about misuse of the word irony
    goodnight all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    cheers unreg, i know what you mean about misuse of the word irony
    goodnight all
    off to bed so early?

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned art yet, but it probably isn't the most obvious...though if your good at art your not going to find the work physically hard, but the amount of work you have to do!!! Its hard in another way, stresswise, maybe its just the way its done at my sixth-form but out of the 28 that started at the begining of last year, 13 are left due to people thinking they would take it as a 'soft' subject. Now im in my second year and we have to do three A3 pieces of art a week, each taking around 6 hours to do and its very depressing. Well just thought i'd mention that

Further-more to original replies, I would suggest the hardest alevels vary from person to person. For example, one person might be studying Physics and finding it Ok whilst that same person may be studying English and may find it as challenging as David Blaines stunts.
    So the only answer to this question is - 'Alevels are as hard as you make them'.

The majority of ppl claiming some subjects are way to hard are also probly the same ppl who don't have an interest in that subject area but fink it will look good to future employers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SharkFace)
    Further-more to original replies, I would suggest the hardest alevels vary from person to person. For example, one person might be studying Physics and finding it Ok whilst that same person may be studying English and may find it as challenging as David Blaines stunts.
    So the only answer to this question is - 'Alevels are as hard as you make them'.

The majority of ppl claiming some subjects are way to hard are also probly the same ppl who don't have an interest in that subject area but fink it will look good to future employers.
    true diff people think differently...whats easy for me mite b hard for u and vice versa

Chemistry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeeessus!
    How can so many of you be SO SHALLOW out there... giving
    each other advice about which is the easiest subject and which
    is boring. It is your life, your brain, so how do you want to
    develop it? Take an easy option or challenge yourself? Which
    will be more fullfilling in the long run? Everyone knows that
    General Studies, Geography, Media Studies, Theology and IT
    are worthless. Only Further Maths really matters; as it is based
    on a wonderfully consistent system of logic, surely something you
    would want to apply everywhere... what is the alternative?

Advice... do Further Maths, Maths, Physics, Chemistry, a modern
    language and English Literature all to A2. Challenge yourself. Be
    a winner.

How can you be so wrong? Isn't it far more productive to apply philosophical and ethic based theories to all areas of life rather than system of logic as every persons indivdual circumstance is different and requires different treatment. Theology is not a doss subject and it is deffinitely not a worthless subject...I'd much rather know about the human condition and how we developed the beliefs and ideals we hold today.
    As a matter of fact I do Mathematics as well as Theology and English Literature.

Which do you think is the hardest?

The hardest A-levels subjects are Maths and all 3 Sciences, bio, chem, en phy. Especially maths and physics, if u do well ur likely 2 be seen a gud problem solver in future careers even if u get a C. If u do well in these ur likely 2 get in2 a top uni such as Oxford, Cambridge, Birmingham, UCL etc....Gud luck in watever u t8k...

In order;

Further Maths, Maths, Physics, Chemistry, etc

Of course a lot depends on opinion and how good you are at a particular subject. Also languages can be very difficult if you have no previous experience with the chosen language.
    oh dear that's the only 4 subjects i take
    Chemistry is really hard

ReputationRep:
    The hardest A levels are the ones you are worst at.

ReputationRep:
    Also languages can be very difficult if you have no previous experience with the chosen language.
    If you have no previous experience with the language, how would you be able to start it at A Level?

it's not only all about perception, but what YOU yourself finds hard. I personally find subjects like Chemistry and English tough, well sort of...and subjects like Art, Physics, History and Computing quite easy. It just depends what you are good at and find interesting.

ReputationRep:
    If it were done by grades then Classical Greek (normally considered a demanding A-level) would be the easiest -- about 70% of grades issued last year were A!

(Original post by Nylex)
    If you have no previous experience with the language, how would you be able to start it at A Level?
    With difficulty I imagine! You would need to do preparatory work to get yourself up to a less the beginner standard.

(Original post by Alexander)
    If it were done by grades then Classical Greek (normally considered a demanding A-level) would be the easiest -- about 70% of grades issued last year were A!
    Even that's no indication - look at Maths quite a high percentage get A grades but that's because they tend to be the most able mathematicians anyway.

yeah, i guess u DID come out lucky. im doing A Level chem now and i also did bio and math and-whatever u say, i think maths-mechanics was horrible! ~SR

Weellll, I felt suicidal and took Maths, Phys, Chem and ICT, with a serious CW load. So far no major problems, but found out from a friend doin' Deutsch that a certain slave driver teacher made us do AS german in year 9!!!

Undoubtably Media Studies. It is a relatively new, ground-breaking course that requires a new way of thinking - a bit like the Matrix. Subjects like Maths, Chemistry etc have been around for ages. Learn X, Do Y - very very uninspiring. Courses where you need to think are the hardest ones.

And what makes geography so worthless?

ReputationRep:
    Assuming that Sixth Form was the end of your education, and that you went straight into employment would you rather have:

CCC in Physics, Maths and English

or BBB in Drama, Media Studies and Religious Studies

Just wondering.....

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.