Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I have this slow laptop and it's just getting on my nerves. I've tried everything to make it go fast but it has just went even slower.

What laptop that is very good can I buy? Under £500

ReputationRep:
    Hello

ReputationRep:
    You can get a decent Lenovo for that price

ReputationRep:
    Doubt you could find one, but look for one with an SSD (preferably an M2 PCIe). Usually the laptops which slow down quickly, tend to have less cores and come with a average hard drive.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/hp-25...es/version.asp
    This one's pretty good for the price, though a bit over your budget. Hyper-threaded i7, PCI-e SSD, 8GB RAM, should do the job fine.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    What is the purpose of the laptop?

I can give you a great guidance but I need to know what you are planning to do with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emerald7770)
    I have this slow laptop and it's just getting on my nerves. I've tried everything to make it go fast but it has just went even slower.

What laptop that is very good can I buy? Under £500
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpa...at138500050001

Here's a website, the first one's £300ish pounds. They're all Lenovo though.
    And they're all pretty well-priced, I guess...
    Hope it helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unomie)
    You can get a decent Lenovo for that price
    Hmm, I'll look into it, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sivthasan)
    Doubt you could find one, but look for one with an SSD (preferably an M2 PCIe). Usually the laptops which slow down quickly, tend to have less cores and come with a average hard drive.
    Will it say on the site??? I can just the shopkeepers. Hopefully, I can find one. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sivthasan)
    http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/hp-25...es/version.asp
    This one's pretty good for the price, though a bit over your budget. Hyper-threaded i7, PCI-e SSD, 8GB RAM, should do the job fine.
    Omg no it has 4.5 stars, I need a 5 if I'm getting One in that price!! Thanks a lot though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steljoy)
    What is the purpose of the laptop?

I can give you a great guidance but I need to know what you are planning to do with it
    Everything. Work, watch videos and play pc games and stuff. All of it. Mine is soooo incredibly slow! Thanks stelljoy, u r a life saveh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClearSky)
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpa...at138500050001

Here's a website, the first one's £300ish pounds. They're all Lenovo though.
    And they're all pretty well-priced, I guess...
    Hope it helps!
    Thnx sis
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Everything. Work, watch videos and play pc games and stuff. All of it. Mine is soooo incredibly slow! Thanks stelljoy, u r a life saveh
    No worries! Gaming makes it a bit difficult, how often are you going to game and what games would you play?

ReputationRep:
    No worries! Gaming makes it a bit difficult, how often are you going to game and what games would you play?
    AH no dw, it's just one and it's just a game called outlast. Forget that, that is extremely unimportant. The other ones are!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    AH no dw, it's just one and it's just a game called outlast. Forget that, that is extremely unimportant. The other ones are!
    Something like this would be very quick for working, watching videos and ... but Gaming, not so great

Link

Outlast might run on this, it is a great game though Second one is coming out soon

ReputationRep:
    Thnx sis
    You're welcome!
    These are all cheap though, and I just realised that the reviews are 3* for some of them!
    If you want one with better reviews, I can find one though.

ReputationRep:
    Something like this would be very quick for working, watching videos and ... but Gaming, not so great

Link

Outlast might run on this, it is a great game though Second one is coming out soon
    I read the reviews and 3 of them said the same thing, it was very very slow. I'm really hesitant in buying another laptop that is also very slow! Don't want to waste hundreds of money when I already have a slow laptop. The freezing on my laptop And how extremely slow it is, are the main reasons I need a new one. I need one that has 5*s, or ill just be paranoid all that , that it'll just fall apart on the same month. Thanks though! Appreciate the time and effort. I would get the Apple laptop but it's too pricey for me to buy rn. Probably will buy when I get to uni.

Yahhh it's amazing!! Can't wait for the second one. You should play it too when you have the time ofc
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Check out this one, little bit out of your price range but is worth it!

http://www.ebuyer.com/747993-exdispl...gTsaAqSH8P8HAQ

The specs are very good for a gaming laptop of that price, and should run all the popular titles quite well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClearSky)
    You're welcome!
    These are all cheap though, and I just realised that the reviews are 3* for some of them!
    If you want one with better reviews, I can find one though.
    I would really like one that is 5*! I can't bare having another slow laptop, it's a struggle and a half. I don't want to bug you sis but if you want to, then that would be really great. I have done my part and I haven't found anything!

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you check reviews for the battery life! I almost swapped my iMac for a gaming laptop til I realised it only got 2hrs on average ! Discrace to even call that a laptop. Essentially just a crap desktop.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.