The Student Room Group

My girlfriend at University want to move in with me in the 2nd year?

Basically I've been with my girlfriend since the beginning of the 1st year I feel kinda bad coz she split up with her bf coz of me and now I'm not too sure about her credentials. Like she hasn't made many friends and she is kinda using me as a life raft whereby I provide all the food she pretty much lives in my room I do most things for her and she hasn't pushed herself to move out of her comfort zone. Now I am offered a place in a lads house to be around a big social sector however she is set on us moving in together because basically she has nowhere to go. Now normally I would do the gentlemanly thing and move in with her out of respect but whenever she goes home to her already established friends and family she puts me on the back burner never replies to messages and I get the feeling she doesn't want me when she doesn't 'need' me and that just isn't a relationship. TBH she's quite stuck up 'art student' and I always get the feeling she flirts with people right infront of my eyes and as a leo I am an all or nothing guy I just feel so rejected and used and now we've spent the first time away from each other for the whole year I'm finally realising this , I just don't know how to break it to her coz she has nowhere to go and I still want to be with her I just think space will really help us work out our problems but I'm not going to be taken advantage of. Please help me, am I just being a dummy or is this legit good reason or am I being a dick to her (seeing as I kinda said we'd move in together) she's a really sweet girl just a bit immature and I feel we can't go on in this manner.
Reply 1
Run
Talk to her and if you can't resolve it move on, I'd suggest not moving in together though regardless, but that's just me.
Reply 3
omg I shouldn't but this made me laugh :biggrin:
Original post by SGHD26716
Run
Original post by joshwhiteford
Basically I've been with my girlfriend since the beginning of the 1st year I feel kinda bad coz she split up with her bf coz of me and now I'm not too sure about her credentials. Like she hasn't made many friends and she is kinda using me as a life raft whereby I provide all the food she pretty much lives in my room I do most things for her and she hasn't pushed herself to move out of her comfort zone. Now I am offered a place in a lads house to be around a big social sector however she is set on us moving in together because basically she has nowhere to go. Now normally I would do the gentlemanly thing and move in with her out of respect but whenever she goes home to her already established friends and family she puts me on the back burner never replies to messages and I get the feeling she doesn't want me when she doesn't 'need' me and that just isn't a relationship. TBH she's quite stuck up 'art student' and I always get the feeling she flirts with people right infront of my eyes and as a leo I am an all or nothing guy I just feel so rejected and used and now we've spent the first time away from each other for the whole year I'm finally realising this , I just don't know how to break it to her coz she has nowhere to go and I still want to be with her I just think space will really help us work out our problems but I'm not going to be taken advantage of. Please help me, am I just being a dummy or is this legit good reason or am I being a dick to her (seeing as I kinda said we'd move in together) she's a really sweet girl just a bit immature and I feel we can't go on in this manner.

I think she was very wrong to take you at your word.
Perhaps just tell her now you dont want to move in with her and if need be split up sp she cna move on and find something more suitable.
If you feel your girlfriend is using you then something has clearly gone wrong in the relationship. You should most definitely not move in with her if you do not want to. That would only make things worse, especially if you are at a point where you think you need space from her.

At times like this, the best thing to do is be honest and tell her how you feel. Don't be afraid to be blunt. She needs to hear how you feel so she can understand that what she does annoys you. At the same time, everyone has their flaws and there are probably habits of yours that piss her off as well. If both of your flaws are too much for you to move past from then it is clear both of you are not compatible for each other and should go your separate ways.
She'll leave you like she left her ex. Run for your life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending