Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    And you refer to people going to private schools as "cheating"?

No, my tutor told me that examiners like to purposely mark up the private schoolers grades. Thats what got me angry, Im not blaming the private schoolers, Im blaming the examiners, thats why I was saying that our results could be just fake.

(Original post by shiny)
    I'm not that clever

I just have a good work ethic
    Oh that's the same as me, I always do my work, revise as I go through the year, then have some blood intensive revision sessions in the last week or so before my exams; it's not like I'm that bad naturally anyway so combined I'm always fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    No, my tutor told me that examiners like to purposely mark up the private schoolers grades. Thats what got me angry, Im not blaming the private schoolers, Im blaming the examiners, thats why I was saying that our results could be just fake.
    I thought examiners don't know anything about which school the exam papers come from or whether the school is private etc. The examiners are just given a centre number and i doubt any examiner can know every centre number for the schools.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose in Bloom)
    But isn't that everyone does...
    I always have done that and was always the top of my school!!!...
    No, unfortunately I dont do that. In fact the only bit I do is the intense revision a week beforehand

(Original post by VixenIW)
    No, unfortunately I dont do that. In fact the only bit I do is the intense revision a week beforehand
    That's more than some people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    That's more than some people.
    Like me

ReputationRep:
    That is what my sister did, must say it didn't do her any harm!

I haven't seen yours, but i doubt you did rubbish! Nothing wrong with a last minute cram session!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Custard)
    That is what my sister did, must say it didn't do her any harm!

I haven't seen yours, but i doubt you did rubbish! Nothing wrong with a last minute cram session!
    I did rubbish compared to people on here but I was not overly disappointed. Anyhow, it was only AS so I have time to impove. To be honest cramming is the only real thing that works for me...If i start too early I can never remember anything.

I did rubbish compared to people on here but I was not overly disappointed. Anyhow, it was only AS so I have time to impove. To be honest cramming is the only real thing that works for me...If i start too early I can never remember anything.
    Trust me, if every weekend you revise you'd remember it and get all A's...the thing is no normal person would ever do that, including me.

I'm suprised about how long before my GCSE's I began revision, still I didn't work enough over the two years so I might not have got the full set of A*'s I wanted at the start of year 10, but I have learnt my lesson. Getting good marks isn't all about revising, but the work you do over the years, for me anyway...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    :confused: I wish you wrote that in plain english. But anyway if it does happen whatever you said, can I come to you so you can protect me?
    Course.

You'd have to have seen "Dude wheres my car" to understand anything i wrote. Best movie ever!

(Original post by mc_watson87)
    Course.

You'd have to have seen "Dude wheres my car" to understand anything i wrote. Best movie ever!
    Dude, whats mine say? ...It is a good film, but not as good as Zoolander, Road Trip, American Pie or Austin Powers.

ReputationRep:
    are these a things like your last year of high school and the marks u need for uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    are these a things like your last year of high school and the marks u need for uni?
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    Dude, whats mine say? ...It is a good film, but not as good as Zoolander, Road Trip, American Pie or Austin Powers.
    Ooh Zoolander...I love that too.

But "Dude wheres my Car" is just a classic. Its soo Funny!
    I love it!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Yes.
    Is an a 90% + or 80%+?

I love it!!!!!!!!!
    No way, Zoolander it 10 times better!

"Are you worries about Hansel?"
    "Not as worried as I am about...Gretel."

ReputationRep:

I love it!!!!!!!!!
    Hmm. Funniest film that I can think of is Life of Brian. Actually, scrap that, it's Billy Madison, but Life of Brian is just brilliant. Few films manage to consistently produce genuine laugh out loud moments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swing)
    No way, Zoolander it 10 times better!

"Are you worries about Hansel?"
    "Not as worried as I am about...Gretel."
    "Just give in to the power of the tea!"
    LOL!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    Is an a 90% + or 80%+?

ReputationRep:
    I got

AA-Double business
    B-Geography

Really kicking myself about the geo. not happy with results.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2004
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.