Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by G4ry)
    Due to my poor thread reading skills, how did you do today?
    i havent put it on here, but I got 5As (one was GS though), a merit, and i failed my other aea :rolleyes:

i got a top 5 in general studies which is just embarassing......!

were you happy with what you got?

ps. I also have the highly valued KEY SKILLS....i feel i can walk straight into any job now

ReputationRep:
    Well done.

I didn't get any results as i went through that process last year. Will you be going to university?

(Original post by G4ry)
    Well done.

I didn't get any results as i went through that process last year. Will you be going to university?
    ah, sorry, what are you doing now?

yes (unless something untowadr happens between now and october..)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    ah, sorry, what are you doing now?

yes (unless something untowadr happens between now and october..)
    Currently finsishing an un-planned gap year. I'll be studying Economics and Management at Leeds in September. What university and course will you be going to?

(Original post by G4ry)
    Currently finsishing an un-planned gap year. I'll be studying Economics and Management at Leeds in September. What university and course will you be going to?
    cambridge , biological natural sciences

hope you enjoy leeds - meant to be a great student s#city from what i hear

only problem is im now terrified of actually going! :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    cambridge , biological natural sciences

hope you enjoy leeds - meant to be a great student s#city from what i hear

only problem is im now terrified of actually going! :|
    Wow, well done about Cambridge - you're pretty much set up for life if you get a good degree from there. Were you expecting to get those results?

I know exactly what you mean about not looking forward to university - i can't believe i'll be there next month :eek:

(Original post by G4ry)
    Wow, well done about Cambridge - you're pretty much set up for life if you get a good degree from there. Were you expecting to get those results?

I know exactly what you mean about not looking forward to university - i can't believe i'll be there next month :eek:
    I needed AAAB..

I was pretty sure of A's in bio & chem because I had lots of spare marks... from AS, jan modules, & c/w. I really wasn't expectnig to get the actual module results I did though - I was aiming just to get C's.....!

Physics I was sure I had a B or even a C - i thought the exmas went awfully! it was actually the only time I have ever cried over an exam! i resat a physics AS one to try and get a couple of extra spare marks.. so I was very very pleased with what I got.

Maths I wasn't sure about because I had some spare marks and I was also resitting P2 to try and get more spare marks.. so an A was possible... but p3 was the hardest module I'd ever done and I really did struggle with it so I thought that could have dragged it down to a B. module results (P3 & s1) surprised me in a good way as did p2 resit (crashing my car just before the exam and running in crying with the exam having started and no one having noticed i wasnt there was not the best start to an exam.. )

AEAs: expected to fail chemistry :rolleyes: but was hoping for a merit in bio (shhhhh, but very secretly i was hoping for a distinction. but that was just delusional).

geeneral studies: what can i say, it's a joke, i skived all the lessons and didnt study the pre release material or even finish any of my essays..., and i wrote an entire essay on how i would reform the a level system based largely around scrapping general studies... so to have that as my best mark was just embarassing as I said

my friend got a B but i think it was only because he wrote subject name on his exam booklet as Genital Studies

and now i see all that i realise that was far, far more information than you wanted...but what the hell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    and now i see all that i realise that was far, far more information than you wanted...but what the hell.
    Did you do OCR maths?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    It's ok, i read it all if that's any consolation. I know exactly what you mean about P3. When i did it i just looked at the paper and struggled for 1 hour 30 minutes trying to answer some questions. I think i only answered 2 questions completely and half-attempted some others. I was actually quite surprised to get 40% in it (which i know is terrible; but you should have seen how much i answered of the paper)

(Original post by Zapsta)
    Did you do OCR maths?
    Edexcel.

(and no I had no help from Pete2004 or whoever in p2... dammit!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    Edexcel.

(and no I had no help from Pete2004 or whoever in p2... dammit!)
    Lol, I wasn't going to suggest. I just found that OCR P3 was horribly hard, predicted myself a C in it... and then did quite well .

(Original post by G4ry)
    It's ok, i read it all if that's any consolation. I know exactly what you mean about P3. When i did it i just looked at the paper and struggled for 1 hour 30 minutes trying to answer some questions. I think i only answered 2 questions completely and half-attempted some others. I was actually quite surprised to get 40% in it (which i know is terrible; but you should have seen how much i answered of the paper)
    40% actually impresses me because i know what a ***** P3 was.

I cold have spent more time revising in total, but I dont think I would have been able to get much above 40 or 50% if it wasn't that I could pretty much write off 2 of my subjects and just focus on revising P3.

the sad part is i probably couldnt integrate the simplest thing now. and im going to need it all in Oct. I'm even forgetting how to write properly since I left school... the only things i write are shopping lists and "room 34 cup of tea"... :rolleyes:

PS. i am going to leeds next week to be assessed for a clinical trial they are running at the uni, so if im accepted ill be wandering round the uni several times next year... look out for me

ReputationRep:
    predicted myself a C in it... and then did quite well .
    You have little faith, you're in good hands at Habs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    You have little faith, you're in good hands at Habs
    I screwed up one paper I thought that I'd screwed up though

Lol, I wasn't going to suggest. I just found that OCR P3 was horribly hard, predicted myself a C in it... and then did quite well .

how well is quite well

do tell

i do like hearing about people whove done super well etc. so show off anything you are proud of

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)

how well is quite well

do tell

i do like hearing about people whove done super well etc. so show off anything you are proud of
    100%
    But as I said, the other module I thought that I'd screwed up, M2, I did kind of screw up, with 78%. Doesn't sound that bad, but before my marks my mechanics teacher was the only one of my maths teachers not willing to predict me an A (he said A/B) for Further Maths, although he did say that he'd increase my prediction to an A if I got good marks. Got 100% on M1, but the M2 mark could mean I'm left with some convincing to do .

ReputationRep:
    I screwed up one paper I thought that I'd screwed up though
    You never know with exams especially with the way they calculate the UMS. I sat a politics paper and found i had little to write for this question which was 100 marks out of 160 marks of the paper. I ended up doing amazing (my best politics result.)

100%
    But as I said, the other module I thought that I'd screwed up, M2, I did kind of screw up, with 78%. Doesn't sound that bad, but before my marks my mechanics teacher was the only one of my maths teachers not willing to predict me an A (he said A/B) for Further Maths, although he did say that he'd increase my prediction to an A if I got good marks. Got 100% on M1, but the M2 mark could mean I'm left with some convincing to do .
    WELLL DONE DUDE! you have earnt my unceasing respect
    well, 78% is only very slightly under an A. and i think your 100%s in p3 and m1 should carry some weight! do not fear

m2 the marking is messed up. the jan module was SO HARD. i really thought i was looking at D's etc.. and got 87% or somethnig. I think they must REALLY have mucked with the grade boundaries because i didnt finish (or start) several questions... got most of the show that;s wrong.., etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    WELLL DONE DUDE! you have earnt my unceasing respect
    well, 78% is only very slightly under an A. and i think your 100%s in p3 and m1 should carry some weight! do not fear

m2 the marking is messed up. the jan module was SO HARD. i really thought i was looking at D's etc.. and got 87% or somethnig. I think they must REALLY have mucked with the grade boundaries because i didnt finish (or start) several questions... got most of the show that;s wrong.., etc
    Well I did well in Physics, giving my Physics teacher a whole new respect for me, and since my Physics teacher is also my form teacher, who writes my entire reference, it means I have someone writing my reference who now respects me and expects things of me, so will, as he told me himself, push for my prediction to be moved up, so I do have a powerful ally (I hope that makes sense :confused: ).

Well done you on getting into Cambridge though. I'm sure you'll enjoy it there .

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.