Help needed locating Syllabus information

Watch
bev1972
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, I am wanting to emigrate to Australia. One of the requirements is that I can provide a prospectus or syllabus for the certificates held. I completed some Master's Modules in Special Education in 2000 and 2001 but can't find any relevant information. I have tried the usual avenues of enquiry, but am reaching out to see if anyone knows anyone who has the required info. or who can help to move the request on. Many thanks for reading. Hope someone can help.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bev1972)
Hi, I am wanting to emigrate to Australia. One of the requirements is that I can provide a prospectus or syllabus for the certificates held. I completed some Master's Modules in Special Education in 2000 and 2001 but can't find any relevant information. I have tried the usual avenues of enquiry, but am reaching out to see if anyone knows anyone who has the required info. or who can help to move the request on. Many thanks for reading. Hope someone can help.
The only people who would be able to provide this would be the course provider themselves.
bev1972
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by PQ)
The only people who would be able to provide this would be the course provider themselves.
That's the difficulty. Sheffield University have said that they don't keep the records for courses taught by other institutions and Barnsle have said that they don't keep the records for courses where the final award is made by someone else.

The Australian Visa requirement allow for this by saying that I can send a copy of
the prospectus from that year or a copy of the course outline. Hence I am looking
for a student who may have a prospectus from the 2000 - 2001 academic year.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That's the difficulty. Sheffield University have said that they don't keep the records for courses taught by other institutions and Barnsle have said that they don't keep the records for courses where the final award is made by someone else.

The Australian Visa requirement allow for this by saying that I can send a copy of
the prospectus from that year or a copy of the course outline. Hence I am looking
DO you have any contacts on facebook or similar who took the course with you? Someone might have some old handbooks or similar.

Alternatively try contacting the library at either sheffield or barnsley - librarians tend to hang on to old prospectuses (and if they don't then sometimes the marketing people will).

Or there might be an old course page available on https://archive.org/ ?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Also depending who you spoke to at either place

At Sheffield then this team: http://www.shef.ac.uk/als/contacts#QATeam would normally have records for all courses that they awarded (even if they were not teaching the awards then they would have managed validation events which would have included module specs).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (525)
33.78%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (642)
41.31%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (315)
20.27%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise