The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University for the Creative Arts
University for the Creative Arts
Farnham

UCA Farnham Freshers 2017

Just wondering about people going to UCA Farnham this september because I keep replying to posts on here only to realise they're from around 1/2 years ago (what a plum)... I haven't seen anything about 2017 freshers yet (it's a bit early still I know) and I especially struggle with finding things about the Farnham campus- anyone else planning on going?

Scroll to see replies

Ahhhhh I've accepted my place for film production at farnham!!!
Students on campus at the University for the Creative Arts
University for the Creative Arts
Farnham
Reply 2
Still waiting for my interview
Original post by nadine_london
Ahhhhh I've accepted my place for film production at farnham!!!

WOOT WOOT! I'm doing film as well :smile: - did you pick 3 or 4 years?
Original post by EunJae97
Still waiting for my interview

Good luck with it when you get it then :smile:
Original post by WannabeFilmmaker
WOOT WOOT! I'm doing film as well :smile: - did you pick 3 or 4 years?

I picked the 3 years!! Wbu?! Probably gonna bump into you in our lectures then hahah
I picked the 3 years!! Wbu?! Probably gonna bump into you in our lectures then hahah

I picked 3 as well, just really hope I get the grades now :smile: and yeah you probably will- was it always your first choice?
Reply 7
Good luck with it when you get it then :smile:

Thanks!
I picked 3 as well, just really hope I get the grades now :smile: and yeah you probably will- was it always your first choice?

Ah sick!! Are you doing a levels atm? I'm on a gap year at the moment so I guess I'm lucky in the sense I don't have to worry about grades. Good luck in your exams though. Initially LCC was my first choice but I got rejected, only liked it because it was so close to where I live. Is uca your first choice?
Ah sick!! Are you doing a levels atm? I'm on a gap year at the moment so I guess I'm lucky in the sense I don't have to worry about grades. Good luck in your exams though. Initially LCC was my first choice but I got rejected, only liked it because it was so close to where I live. Is uca your first choice?

Ahh lucky about the gap year and yeah unfortunately I am doing A levels but thanks for the luck :smile: UCA was one of the best unis I looked at and everyone seemed really nice there so I made it my first choice straight after I got the offer- have you applied for accommodation yet?
Ahh lucky about the gap year and yeah unfortunately I am doing A levels but thanks for the luck :smile: UCA was one of the best unis I looked at and everyone seemed really nice there so I made it my first choice straight after I got the offer- have you applied for accommodation yet?

Yeah I got that vibe from the uni too! I'm actually completing my application right now. Have you applied yet?
Yeah I got that vibe from the uni too! I'm actually completing my application right now. Have you applied yet?

Yeah I rushed through it the day it opened, I think that was a mistake though because the website was still quite buggy, like it asked if my ethnicity was 1,2,3,8,11 or something random like that and I only put 2/3 options down because I thought most rooms would be prioritised eg for students with disabilities who need access to an en suite etc. I applied to go to the student village so I really hope I get in, if not looks like I'll be desperately finding private accommodation haha- Did you apply to the village as well or somewhere else?
Yeah I rushed through it the day it opened, I think that was a mistake though because the website was still quite buggy, like it asked if my ethnicity was 1,2,3,8,11 or something random like that and I only put 2/3 options down because I thought most rooms would be prioritised eg for students with disabilities who need access to an en suite etc. I applied to go to the student village so I really hope I get in, if not looks like I'll be desperately finding private accommodation haha- Did you apply to the village as well or somewhere else?

Ahh yeah I heard that the website wasn't working properly but at that point I hadn't accepted my place yet. I applied mainly for rooms in the student village too, I didn't know how many rooms we were supposed to put down so I put a few just incase. The website was really confusing, especially the ethnicity bits? I don't even remember what I put for that. I hope I get a place in the student village though, I had a little look at the private accommodation and its just so long and pricey. Fingers crossed we get places. Do you live in London or further out?
Ahh yeah I heard that the website wasn't working properly but at that point I hadn't accepted my place yet. I applied mainly for rooms in the student village too, I didn't know how many rooms we were supposed to put down so I put a few just incase. The website was really confusing, especially the ethnicity bits? I don't even remember what I put for that. I hope I get a place in the student village though, I had a little look at the private accommodation and its just so long and pricey. Fingers crossed we get places. Do you live in London or further out?

Yeah fingers crossed!! and I'm from kent so about 1hr and 30mins from the campus, I looked at the private accommodation too and let's just say I really hope I don't need to do that for another year. How long does it take to get to campus from where you live? :smile:
Yeah fingers crossed!! and I'm from kent so about 1hr and 30mins from the campus, I looked at the private accommodation too and let's just say I really hope I don't need to do that for another year. How long does it take to get to campus from where you live? :smile:

Ah damn that is relatively far. Well I live in sw London so initially I didn't think it would be THAT far away but TFL says it will take me around an hour and a half to get to Farnham from where I live. A bit of a trek really but if I don't get the accomdation I'd probably have to commute. Which is rather poo :/ have you sorted out student finance yet?
Just wondering about people going to UCA Farnham this september because I keep replying to posts on here only to realise they're from around 1/2 years ago (what a plum)... I haven't seen anything about 2017 freshers yet (it's a bit early still I know) and I especially struggle with finding things about the Farnham campus- anyone else planning on going?

Ello, I only just saw this post, and literally just now made an account on TSR, but hi! I reckon I'm going to do Digital Film and Screen Arts at Farnham in September. I've been quite indecisive so far - the course looks lovely for me but I wasn't sure about Farnham itself.. looking forward to next year??
Ah damn that is relatively far. Well I live in sw London so initially I didn't think it would be THAT far away but TFL says it will take me around an hour and a half to get to Farnham from where I live. A bit of a trek really but if I don't get the accomdation I'd probably have to commute. Which is rather poo :/ have you sorted out student finance yet?

Ahh that sucks :/ I really hope we get accommodation then, and yeah I've done my student finance but they've messed up so I have to contact them which is annoying, oh well. Have you applied yet as well? Also are you going to join the fb group for farnham freshers? I might do it so I can look at accommodation and stuff but it seems early so idk
Original post by cecily.lane
Ello, I only just saw this post, and literally just now made an account on TSR, but hi! I reckon I'm going to do Digital Film and Screen Arts at Farnham in September. I've been quite indecisive so far - the course looks lovely for me but I wasn't sure about Farnham itself.. looking forward to next year??

Hiya! That course sounds cool, I really like my course as well- I love how hands on/ practical it is instead of just teaching us how to do things. I like Farnham but some areas are quite pricey which is a bit of a pain and after I get my A Level results I'll be really excited (or maybe disappointed but finger crossed) but I'm already looking forward to it yeah :smile: How about you?
Ahh that sucks :/ I really hope we get accommodation then, and yeah I've done my student finance but they've messed up so I have to contact them which is annoying, oh well. Have you applied yet as well? Also are you going to join the fb group for farnham freshers? I might do it so I can look at accommodation and stuff but it seems early so idk

Yeah I've been meaning to get it finished, should really send it off this week. I had no idea there was a fb group! Just had a quick look at it. I'm not sure whether or not to join either hahah! I guess there's no harm in joining early, I'll join if you do haha
Yeah I've been meaning to get it finished, should really send it off this week. I had no idea there was a fb group! Just had a quick look at it. I'm not sure whether or not to join either hahah! I guess there's no harm in joining early, I'll join if you do haha

Well good luck with it, it was a huge pain in the arse for me!- I might just join the fb page? It could be quite helpful but if they don't want 2017 freshers yet I can just leave because its understandable I guess :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest