My response to Modern day Feminism

ReputationRep:
    We all hear about how Women have it bad; here's my list of the bad things men have to go through:

- If you are sick and can't work, you're "weak"; a sick woman is told "That's fine, come back when you're better "

- If you're upset about something and start crying, you're a "pussy"

- If you're short, you're a "manlet" and don't deserve to reproduce; a short girl is "cute"

- If you're fat, you're a "fat cu*t"; a women who is fat is called a "real woman"

- If you're ugly, you're ugly...and don't deserve to reproduce; an ugly woman is empowered

- If you're shy, you are an a**hole who probably wants to rape every girl he sees; a shy girl is "cute"

ReputationRep:
    Cool story bro

ReputationRep:
    'Ugly women empowered' :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:ing hilarious :rofl: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Huh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bones-mccoy)
    Cool story bro
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    'Ugly women empowered' :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:ing hilarious :rofl: :rofl:
    He has a point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritSharD)
    He has a point.
    How so? Just sounds like someone who's either trolling/bitter. Ugly women definitely aren't empowered. They're routinely :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: on.

ReputationRep:
    How so? Just sounds like someone who's either trolling/bitter. Ugly women definitely aren't empowered. They're routinely :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: on.
    But apart from that part, do you not think the other bits are true?

ReputationRep:
    It's because being a Man has standards. You have to be strong bodied, brave, strong willed, be caring and protective, strong on economical matters (having a job), be good looking etc. It's good to have those standards, and women reinforce them.

Women on the other hand have no standards of being a woman. Men barely ask anything of them. They don't need to be strong willed, they don't need to be particularly interesting or have a job, they only need to be pretty and loyal. That's it.. the only thing that defines what a 'woman' is, is having a vagina.

The same principal applies to sexuality. It's hard to be a 'stud' you need all those above traits. To be a 'slut' you need nothing, you don't even need to be pretty. Just have a vagina.

Be thankful you have those standards in place, because you'd be worse off without them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bones-mccoy)
    Cool story bro
    Proof the matriarchy is oppressing us and doesn't care about our problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGoodPharaoh)
    But apart from that part, do you not think the other bits are true?
    I'll go through the list.

- If you are sick and can't work, you're "weak"; a sick woman is told "That's fine, come back when you're better " Since when?

- If you're upset about something and start crying, you're a "pussy" True, and upsetting.

- If you're short, you're a "manlet" and don't deserve to reproduce; a short girl is "cute" True and upsetting.

- If you're fat, you're a "fat cu*t"; a women who is fat is called a "real woman" Depends. Fat people get :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: on all the time. It's only on sites like Tumblr where fat women aren't.

- If you're ugly, you're ugly...and don't deserve to reproduce; an ugly woman is empowered. Lol no. Ugly people are reviled no matter the gender.

- If you're shy, you are an a**hole who probably wants to rape every girl he sees; a shy girl is "cute" Not always the case-only. I was shy at school and all I got was bullying.

ReputationRep:
    I'll go through the list.

- If you are sick and can't work, you're "weak"; a sick woman is told "That's fine, come back when you're better " Since when?

- If you're upset about something and start crying, you're a "pussy" True, and upsetting.

- If you're short, you're a "manlet" and don't deserve to reproduce; a short girl is "cute" True and upsetting.

- If you're fat, you're a "fat cu*t"; a women who is fat is called a "real woman" Depends. Fat people get :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: on all the time. It's only on sites like Tumblr where fat women aren't.

- If you're ugly, you're ugly...and don't deserve to reproduce; an ugly woman is empowered. Lol no. Ugly people are reviled no matter the gender.

- If you're shy, you are an a**hole who probably wants to rape every girl he sees; a shy girl is "cute" Not always the case-only. I was shy at school and all I got was bullying.
    Fair enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lionheart27)
    It's because being a Man has standards. You have to be strong bodied, brave, strong willed, be caring and protective, strong on economical matters (having a job), be good looking etc. It's good to have those standards, and women reinforce them.

Women on the other hand have no standards of being a woman. Men barely ask anything of them. They don't need to be strong willed, they don't need to be particularly interesting or have a job, they only need to be pretty and loyal. That's it.. the only thing that defines what a 'woman' is, is having a vagina.

The same principal applies to sexuality. It's hard to be a 'stud' you need all those above traits. To be a 'slut' you need nothing, you don't even need to be pretty. Just have a vagina.

Be thankful you have those standards in place, because you'd be worse off without them.
    I honestly stopped reading this pile of :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: when you said the only thing that defines a woman is a vagina.

ReputationRep:
    It's perhaps not in your personal experience. I wouldn't know. In general, however, the statements are roughly true.

The OP comes across as bitter, yes, but nontheless there is a significant difference in how men and women are treated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritSharD)
    It's perhaps not in your personal experience. I wouldn't know. In general, however, the statements are roughly true.

The OP comes across as bitter, yes, but nontheless there is a significant difference in how men and women are treated.
    If you say so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cadaanshaydaan)
    I honestly stopped reading this pile of :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: when you said the only thing that defines a woman is a vagina.
    What a fantastic debate. Bravo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lionheart27)
    What a fantastic debate. Bravo.
    There's nothing to debate in all honestly, all of the (non) issues the guys on this thread are complaining about aren't at all enforced by women but instead by other men. Nice try though.

OK, i am a guy and have had my fair share of sexism in a work place.
    As a trainee pharmacist I was forced to clean the pharmacy every day (despite having a dust allergy) and toilets (including sanitation pad bins) without assistance (and whilst fasting I may add). I had to go shopping for all the female staff else I would get sacked. the pharmacist used to poke me constantly in uncomforable areas (not my jun kthank god but imo it stil lcounts as sexual harrassment), I had to do all manual labour whilst fasting, nobody would give me any help when I asked for it and despite doing my job properly, when the crappy pharmacist (+ a counter staff) were in a mood, they would literally throw an entire colum of drugs (read 8 shelves) onto the floor in the dispensary and ask me to do everything from scratch.

oh yeah, best part was during ramadan where they thought it would be a nice idea for me to do all the manual labour and when I asked to open a door (no windows in the place or ventilation), they pharmacist started swearing at me, calling me weak and pathetic and said she thought I was supposed to be strong because I am a man (for reference, I can used to bench 90kg + bar and I leg press £160kg easy, as well as 3-4 hours cardio when I am at gym)

ReputationRep:
    - If you are sick and can't work, you're "weak"; a sick woman is told "That's fine, come back when you're better "

I don't know any person who has ever said that to a guy. if you're ill, you're ill. why would you be called weak? more to the point who is saying it - other men?

- If you're fat, you're a "fat cu*t"; a women who is fat is called a "real woman"

not really, women are still hated on for being overweight whilst men seem to be able to get away with it

- If you're ugly, you're ugly...and don't deserve to reproduce; an ugly woman is empowered

lol.... what?? find me one person who agrees with that!

- If you're shy, you are an a**hole who probably wants to rape every girl he sees; a shy girl is "cute"

again... what?

ReputationRep:
    Fully agree with this thread. Women have it much easier in life then men. Oh and i would also like to add more to this.

-When a couple divorces the women always ends up better while the man loses a lot.
    - If a male was to claim to being sexually harassed or being physical assaulted by a women he will be laughed at and called a pussy.
    - If a man rejects a women because of their appearance they are called shallow whereas when women do the same no one cares.
    - Men are always the first ones who are forced to be fighting in wars and dying, whereas women don't have that worry.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 21, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How often do you buy stationery?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.