Current Real Madrid are the best CL team of all time

Watch
James.Carnell
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
You will see it, they will do the unthinkable and retain the CL trophy, unprecedented in the new format. Also far superior to former European Cup winners that had to beat the likes of Malmo (s******) in later stages.

Uefalona are pretenders, the real alpha men are going to take back their rightful throne.

Real Madrid are far better than any other club in world football. Historically and currently.
tomtjl
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Except they needed the other team to get an unjustified red card, their player to not get sent off despite 4 or 5 yellow card offenses and 1 or 2 offside goals to beat Bayern? Top club.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes agreed that Real Madrid have the best 14 people on the pitch

:rolleyes:
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why is it unthinkable when they've retained the trophy four times in a row before?
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Wilfred Little)
Why is it unthinkable when they've retained the trophy four times in a row before?
Maybe because that was in the late 1950s?

AC Milan in 89/90 season were the last European champions to retain the trophy. So that's 27 years it hasn't happened.
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Zerforax)
Maybe because that was in the late 1950s?

AC Milan in 89/90 season were the last European champions to retain the trophy. So that's 27 years it hasn't happened.
But it's happened before multiple times. So it's not really unthinkable.
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Wilfred Little)
But it's happened before multiple times. So it's not really unthinkable.
Over 65 years ago when football has changed dramatically.. surely the last 27 years has more relevance?
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Zerforax)
Over 65 years ago when football has changed dramatically.. surely the last 27 years has more relevance?
Yes it does but 7 different teams have done it since the competition started so it's not unthinkable, especially when we're talking about a team that's won it twice in the last three years.
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If Barca go out today (likely scenario), then this would be the best year in a long time for a team to be able to retain the CL.

Real's to lose tbh.
Dirtybit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hope Madrid win the CL again

Hala Madrid
yudothis
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
1. Bayern are nowhere near as good as in 2013 - both Robben and Ribery are just older and not as good. Müller is out of form. Their attack from 2013 would have score more than 2 goals.

2. Real have a great Ronaldo. He carries them like mad.

3. They had their banks pay off the refs.

They are nowhere near the best team of all time. Nowhere. I have my money on Juve.
moment of truth
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If Barca can do the "unthinkable" today and go through despite being 3-0 down to Juventus then surely they could be considered one of the best teams of all time. Coming back against PSG was something, but beating Juventus and going through is another ball game entirely. Obviously, they would have to go on and win the title too.
bad bunny
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
RM have the best players.
End of, Hala Madrid:congrats:
JamesTwain
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Zidane has done an incredible job with them, their efficiency and in game management has been superb, but their not a 'great side'. Ronaldo, although still scores a ton of goals, isn't overall the same player he once was (this season will be the first season in 7 years he wont amass more than 50 goals, which is a mark of some decline beginning), Benzema is 'good' striker but he's not on the same level as Suarez, who can do much more with the ball and Bale spends half his life injured.

Their midfield is better than Barca's though, I'd take Modric/Isco over Rakitic/Andre Gomes easy.
IamJacksContempt
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Worst post ever seen on this forum.

But no you're right, Real Madrid are currently the best CL team. Despite Barca having won twice as many within the past 15 years and despite Madrid getting the easy draws almost every year :rofl:
difeo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by IamJacksContempt)

But no you're right, Real Madrid are currently the best CL team. Despite Barca having won twice as many within the past 15 years and despite Madrid getting the easy draws almost every year :rofl:
Lol at using last 15 years. How is that current? Are United currently the best team in England?
James.Carnell
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago

This year you'll see, back to back CL wins, a roaring finish in La Liga to cement themselves as the GOAT. Hala Madrid, Viva Ronaldo.

difeo
trapking
sr90
Dirtybit
Major Zero
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Naaah, not as bad, or as funny as the post "Post here so we can laugh at you in a years time" in the thread title named "For all of those who think Pep will get found out in the PL".
bj27
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Major Zero)
Naaah, not as bad, or as funny as the post "Post here so we can laugh at you in a years time" in the thread title named "For all of those who think Pep will get found out in the PL".
Oooooohhhh get the aloe vera out
JamesTwain
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Still could end up with nothing this year but beginning to make a "real" possibility now. Regardless, they aint the best side ever.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (135)
14.61%
I'm not sure (40)
4.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (280)
30.3%
I have already dropped out (24)
2.6%
I'm not a current university student (445)
48.16%

Watched Threads