The Student Room Group

Why can't I stop itching!?!!?

Over the last week, I have been so itchy around my penis, balls and the tops of my legs. It's driving me CRAZY, and I don't know what is causing it. Today I thought I noticed what looked like a tiny rash developing on my penis.

I havn't slept with anyone in nearly a month, so I doubt highly it could be anything sexually transmitted.

One thought I had was that I've just moved home after a good few months away, and I thought maybe it could be the washing powder or something, but im nothing really itchy anywhere else, just basically in my boxer short area.

Does anyone have any ideas of what it could be, or more importantly, how to stop it!? It really is starting to irritate me...!

Any ideas appreciated!! **highly frustrated**
Reply 1
tinea cruris?
Reply 2
Heat rash?
Reply 3
I had the same thing three weeks ago. It was scabies. It's actually more common than you might think. Best bet is to go to your doctor immediately and he'll decide whether or not to treat you for it.

Also, I'm not 100% on this but I think symptoms of pubic lice can take up to 2 months to develop. So it could be that, from anyone up to two months ago.

Either way, go to your doctor. If it IS scabies; trust me, you want rid of them as soon as possible. You'll start scratching your skin off after a week or too (quite literally, I still have scabs everywhere).
Reply 4
Thanks for all your help, I'd really rather not have to go to a dr about this, but if it continues I guess I'll have to.

But a really bizarre thought just came to me... the itchy-ness is taking place in more or less the exact spot that I have my laptop on when I'm lying on my bed, which I have been doing a lot lately... do you think that could be
Reply 5
^ Oops, lets try again...

Thanks for all your help, I'd really rather not have to go to a dr about this, but if it continues I guess I'll have to.

But a really bizarre thought just came to me... the itchy-ness is taking place in more or less the exact spot that I have my laptop on when I'm lying on my bed, which I have been doing a lot lately... do you think that could be anything to do with it? Crazy I know... but just something that occured to me.

Also, if anyone else has any other suggestions/advice they can give me :smile:
Reply 6
Go to a doctor. It's silly not to go and get treated if it's driving you mad and it's nothing to be embarrassed about. Doctors have always seen much worse before! To them examining someone's genitals is as everyday as making a cup of tea. They are there to figure out the problem and cure you and don't care what bit of the body they are seeing. Don't scratch yourself to bits down there just because you don't want to be examined by a doctor.
Reply 7
^ I know, I agree. I went to the drs today to make an appointment for tomorrow [friday], and there was nothing available. I'm going away Saturday morning until Tuesday night... so I guess I have a few uncomfortable days ahead of me :frown:

Is there anything anyone could recommend to even soothe my itching for a few days??
Reply 8
Sudocrem might help...
Reply 9
Tea tree oil helped for me (but only slightly). Although it smells really strongly.
I had the same thing when I shaved for the first time.
Reply 11
Anonymous

Is there anything anyone could recommend to even soothe my itching for a few days??

Germolene is pretty good :yy:
Reply 12
Oh and I read in the newspaper today that there has been an epidemic of bedbugs in the UK recently, with the biggest outbreak being in Manchester (Where I live :frown: ) but it's been all over the UK. So it could be that. Google search it and find out what you can do about them just encase it is that.
Good luck :smile:
I've been getting very itchy recently esp my stomach, arms and back of my head. Cant be bedbugs because my bf is fine. Any ideas?
i get itchy sometimes too, that's weird.... maybe it's related to sex/masturbation in some way?
Kyoujin
I had the same thing three weeks ago. It was scabies. It's actually more common than you might think. Best bet is to go to your doctor immediately and he'll decide whether or not to treat you for it.

Also, I'm not 100% on this but I think symptoms of pubic lice can take up to 2 months to develop. So it could be that, from anyone up to two months ago.

Either way, go to your doctor. If it IS scabies; trust me, you want rid of them as soon as possible. You'll start scratching your skin off after a week or too (quite literally, I still have scabs everywhere).

How do you know if you have scabies or not? Could it also be washing powder?
Okay, one thing:

GO TO A FLIPPIN DOCTOR

We are NOT Doctors on here, and cannot give you best advice!

Please, go to one, and put your mind at rest! :smile:
Because itching is involuntary?
If its where your laptop is then its most likely heat rash. Its a bad bad bad idea for guys to use laptops on their laps - makes your testicles too warm and estroys speram and can make you less fertile...
If you've bought new underwear - that could also be the cause of it.

But I guess your Dr visit will let you know what exactly is going on.