The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford MSc Education applications

Hi,

Has anyone applied to any of the Education MSc? I applied to child development and education. If so, have you heard back from them?

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by igcsecrazy
Hi,

Has anyone applied to any of the Education MSc? I applied to child development and education. If so, have you heard back from them?

Thanks!

Me here!

And no. (I submitted my application just one hour before the ddl xd)
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
I am a lateish applicant (Submitted 15th Feb) for the Research Design and Methodology pathway. I love me some stats. I'll be assessed at the March 2nd deadline so I expect I won't hear for weeks and weeks yet.
Original post by SaxaDeans
I am a lateish applicant (Submitted 15th Feb) for the Research Design and Methodology pathway. I love me some stats. I'll be assessed at the March 2nd deadline so I expect I won't hear for weeks and weeks yet.

I applied the RDM either! Good luck to both of us!
Original post by Joanne5633

Yes, good luck to you too! Have any of the MSc Education applicants from earlier deadlines been called for interviews? Obviously, there may be differences between pathways.
Yes, good luck to you too! Have any of the MSc Education applicants from earlier deadlines been called for interviews? Obviously, there may be differences between pathways.

I do think so, for the 1.22 ddl, some of them had done the interviews.

Hey, I am in the same pathway. I got accepted. Looking for people who are in this pathway!
Original post by crystalmag125
Hey, I am in the same pathway. I got accepted. Looking for people who are in this pathway!

Hi, sorry for the late reply.
Would you mind sharing your timeline with me?
Hi, sorry for the late reply.
Would you mind sharing your timeline with me?

Timeline as in when I received the offer? I got it on March 18. What about you? Are you still waiting to hear back?
Timeline as in when I received the offer? I got it on March 18. What about you? Are you still waiting to hear back?

I submitted for the March 2 deadline and I am still waiting, there's no information about the interview or rejection yet. But I assume it might be a rej as it's mid-April now. T^T

Would you mind telling me when did you get the interview invitation and when did you do it?
I also applied for the RDM pathway as a March applicant. I have gotten an interview but don't judge yourself against another applicants timeline. Our journeys are all individual and someone else's journey means nothing.

Here is my Oxford timeline so far:
Submitted: 15th Feb
Interview Invite: 19th March
Interview: 25th March
Currently still have the infamous button.

I was told in my interview they would hope to give out decisions in mid-April after interviews are done for all Education MSc pathways.
My interview only went okay, not bad, just okay. I spoke a lot of gibberish. I do this thing in interviews (against my will lol) where I play my cards too close to my chest and I think I did that too. I feel I didn't show my true standard. But I feel like it either way.
Would you mind telling me when did you get the interview invitation and when did you do it?

I applied for the January 22 deadline. So I got my interview invite on 19th Feb, I had the interview on 2nd March and I got my offer on 19th March
I also applied for the RDM pathway as a March applicant. I have gotten an interview but don't judge yourself against another applicants timeline. Our journeys are all individual and someone else's journey means nothing.

Here is my Oxford timeline so far:
Submitted: 15th Feb
Interview Invite: 19th March
Interview: 25th March
Currently still have the infamous button.

I was told in my interview they would hope to give out decisions in mid-April after interviews are done for all Education MSc pathways.
My interview only went okay, not bad, just okay. I spoke a lot of gibberish. I do this thing in interviews (against my will lol) where I play my cards too close to my chest and I think I did that too. I feel I didn't show my true standard. But I feel like it either way.

Thanks for your information. It seems offers always come with the 'magical' button xd, good luck with your application anyway!
I applied for the January 22 deadline. So I got my interview invite on 19th Feb, I had the interview on 2nd March and I got my offer on 19th March

Thank you and congrats again!
Hi guys! Did anyone apply for MSc Learning and Teaching? I got an offer and it would be amazing to meet other students x
Original post by Evaaeri
Hi guys! Did anyone apply for MSc Learning and Teaching? I got an offer and it would be amazing to meet other students x

Hi, I am wondering is this course only available to UK citizens who have the QTS?
Hi, I am wondering is this course only available to UK citizens who have the QTS?

Hi, you don't have the be a UK citizen (I am but by naturalisation as I'm originally Polish, so I have dual British/Polish citizenship) but you must have the QTS or be a qualified teacher. I have the QTS but I know that there are people on the course who are international students -maybe you must be a qualified teacher in your country of origin? Have you considered applying or have you chosen a different course?
(edited 3 years ago)

Hi @SaxaDeans and @Joanne5633, any luck on RDM applications?
Hi @SaxaDeans and @Joanne5633, any luck on RDM applications?

Hey crystalmag125!

I got an interview but did not progress beyond that. My interview went okay, fine but not great. I received the infamous 2am rejection email a few weeks after the interview. I know many people are desperate for Oxford so but it actually wasn't my first choice so it is not the end of the world. It is such a small course and I firmly believe that no one should take getting rejected from Oxbridge personally. There are more qualified applicants than places. I'm actually still really excited that I got to the interview stage because that shows they saw potential in my application. I've offers for Cambridge, TCD and KCL so I'm doing fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending