igcsecrazy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,

Has anyone applied to any of the Education MSc? I applied to child development and education. If so, have you heard back from them?

Thanks!
Joanne5633
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by igcsecrazy)
Hi,

Has anyone applied to any of the Education MSc? I applied to child development and education. If so, have you heard back from them?

Thanks!
Me here!

And no. (I submitted my application just one hour before the ddl xd)
SaxaDeans
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am a lateish applicant (Submitted 15th Feb) for the Research Design and Methodology pathway. I love me some stats. I'll be assessed at the March 2nd deadline so I expect I won't hear for weeks and weeks yet.
Joanne5633
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SaxaDeans)
I am a lateish applicant (Submitted 15th Feb) for the Research Design and Methodology pathway. I love me some stats. I'll be assessed at the March 2nd deadline so I expect I won't hear for weeks and weeks yet.
I applied the RDM either! Good luck to both of us!
SaxaDeans
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Joanne5633)
Yes, good luck to you too! Have any of the MSc Education applicants from earlier deadlines been called for interviews? Obviously, there may be differences between pathways.
Joanne5633
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, good luck to you too! Have any of the MSc Education applicants from earlier deadlines been called for interviews? Obviously, there may be differences between pathways.
I do think so, for the 1.22 ddl, some of them had done the interviews.
crystalmag125
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey, I am in the same pathway. I got accepted. Looking for people who are in this pathway!
Joanne5633
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by crystalmag125)
Hey, I am in the same pathway. I got accepted. Looking for people who are in this pathway!
Hi, sorry for the late reply.
Would you mind sharing your timeline with me?
crystalmag125
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hi, sorry for the late reply.
Would you mind sharing your timeline with me?
Timeline as in when I received the offer? I got it on March 18. What about you? Are you still waiting to hear back?
Joanne5633
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Timeline as in when I received the offer? I got it on March 18. What about you? Are you still waiting to hear back?
I submitted for the March 2 deadline and I am still waiting, there's no information about the interview or rejection yet. But I assume it might be a rej as it's mid-April now. T^T
Joanne5633
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Would you mind telling me when did you get the interview invitation and when did you do it?
SaxaDeans
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I also applied for the RDM pathway as a March applicant. I have gotten an interview but don't judge yourself against another applicants timeline. Our journeys are all individual and someone else's journey means nothing.

Here is my Oxford timeline so far:
Submitted: 15th Feb
Interview Invite: 19th March
Interview: 25th March
Currently still have the infamous button.

I was told in my interview they would hope to give out decisions in mid-April after interviews are done for all Education MSc pathways.
My interview only went okay, not bad, just okay. I spoke a lot of gibberish. I do this thing in interviews (against my will lol) where I play my cards too close to my chest and I think I did that too. I feel I didn't show my true standard. But I feel like it either way.
crystalmag125
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Would you mind telling me when did you get the interview invitation and when did you do it?
I applied for the January 22 deadline. So I got my interview invite on 19th Feb, I had the interview on 2nd March and I got my offer on 19th March
Joanne5633
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I also applied for the RDM pathway as a March applicant. I have gotten an interview but don't judge yourself against another applicants timeline. Our journeys are all individual and someone else's journey means nothing.

Here is my Oxford timeline so far:
Submitted: 15th Feb
Interview Invite: 19th March
Interview: 25th March
Currently still have the infamous button.

I was told in my interview they would hope to give out decisions in mid-April after interviews are done for all Education MSc pathways.
My interview only went okay, not bad, just okay. I spoke a lot of gibberish. I do this thing in interviews (against my will lol) where I play my cards too close to my chest and I think I did that too. I feel I didn't show my true standard. But I feel like it either way.
Thanks for your information. It seems offers always come with the 'magical' button xd, good luck with your application anyway!
Joanne5633
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I applied for the January 22 deadline. So I got my interview invite on 19th Feb, I had the interview on 2nd March and I got my offer on 19th March
Thank you and congrats again!
Evaaeri
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Hi guys! Did anyone apply for MSc Learning and Teaching? I got an offer and it would be amazing to meet other students x
Joanne5633
Rep:
?
Report 8 hours ago
(Original post by Evaaeri)
Hi guys! Did anyone apply for MSc Learning and Teaching? I got an offer and it would be amazing to meet other students x
Hi, I am wondering is this course only available to UK citizens who have the QTS?
Evaaeri
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 hours ago
Hi, I am wondering is this course only available to UK citizens who have the QTS?
Hi, you don't have the be a UK citizen (I am but by naturalisation as I'm originally Polish, so I have dual British/Polish citizenship) but you must have the QTS or be a qualified teacher. I have the QTS but I know that there are people on the course who are international students -maybe you must be a qualified teacher in your country of origin? Have you considered applying or have you chosen a different course?
Last edited by Evaaeri; 5 hours ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (66)
19.13%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.78%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.93%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.87%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.19%
Taster lectures or seminars (72)
20.87%
Speak to current students studying my course (80)
23.19%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
3.77%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.48%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.32%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.74%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.74%

Watched Threads