lauren2409
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
in my CA for task 1 we are creating a code for html that someone could use to figure out what is wrong with their device/give a solution. the whole code is a long string of IF and ELSE statements. in my analysis we are meant to talk about the variables and validation? truth is I have no idea what this means? can anyone try and help by explaining what it could be?
Mrfabalas257
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lauren2409)
in my CA for task 1 we are creating a code for html that someone could use to figure out what is wrong with their device/give a solution. the whole code is a long string of IF and ELSE statements. in my analysis we are meant to talk about the variables and validation? truth is I have no idea what this means? can anyone try and help by explaining what it could be?
okay so i study computing at gcse and have currently a B in ICT so from my knowledge this is how i was explained it.
validation is basically checking a type of data/text/number to make sure that the input that the user or system has put into the program is okay so for instance if i had a piece of code that needed only input of integers then this would be validation
so basically validation is usually just checking an input to make sure it is valid for your program and outputs a error if its not valid
numbers=input "you have nice shoes"
if numbers= integer
print this is a valid input
else if number does not = integer
print this is not a valid input

writing about your variables can be when you discuss their data type and what they do such as they might be a string an integer or float/real
lauren2409
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by fabalas)
okay so i study computing at gcse and have currently a B in ICT so from my knowledge this is how i was explained it.
validation is basically checking a type of data/text/number to make sure that the input that the user or system has put into the program is okay so for instance if i had a piece of code that needed only input of integers then this would be validation
so basically validation is usually just checking an input to make sure it is valid for your program and outputs a error if its not valid
numbers=input "you have nice shoes"
if numbers= integer
print this is a valid input
else if number does not = integer
print this is not a valid input

writing about your variables can be when you discuss their data type and what they do such as they might be a string an integer or float/real
okay thank you! i think i get it now, since my code uses yes and no buttons would the validation just be about that?
Mrfabalas257
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lauren2409)
okay thank you! i think i get it now, since my code uses yes and no buttons would the validation just be about that?
yes you right thats it seems like your inputs arent very varied so i wouldn't worry too much about validation just do a little bit.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (700)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (881)
42.66%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (392)
18.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.46%

Watched Threads