Tone30
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Could someone please let us know if there is a problem with the system as I and many other students due for payment on 24/04 are getting worried. When we log on to our online accounts it is saying payment scheduled. (Normally it will say processing or submitted by this point) Does this mean our payment will be late?
Victoria SFE
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
HI

If your payment is scheduled for the 24th it will be paid then. The payment status can update 1-3 days before the payment is due to say submitted.

thanks
Tone30
Rep:
?
But we are all advised that it normally takes 3-4 working days for the payment to go though, yet my online account states it is scheduled.
Victoria SFE
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
this is correct yes, but these timescales are for the funds to be transferred from our bank to your bank.,. this has affect on your payment status message
Tone30
Rep:
?
So my status states, payments are ready to be made, then if you click on the breakdown it's states, scheduled.
Now the payment normally take 3-4 working days to be processed, submitted and paid.
Yet my payment hasn't yet been processed?
Victoria SFE
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Your payment is scheduled for the 24th so will be paid then.

the 3-4 working days you are quoting is the timescale for the banking process, this is not the timescale for your payment status message to change.

The payment status can change 1-3 days before your payment is paid, it may not change until the night before...

thanks
Tone30
Rep:
?
Normally the status changes as the process of the payment moves along, the SFE website states that payments take 3-4 working days to be received by the bank, the payment process wasn't started till Wednesday, so this for mean the payment would clear on the tues?
Also we're told not to follow the payment status as is not upto date information, yet on the phone and the website we're told to look at our account for updates?
Which is true? If there's a delay, how long is the delay?
Thanks
Toni
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (74)
22.7%
Excited but a bit nervous (148)
45.4%
Not bothered either way (38)
11.66%
I'm really nervous (66)
20.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed