The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Character questions

Hey, so I'm doing the new English GCSE and I was wondering about the characters they could ask about in the literature paper. Im doing Macbeth, the Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime and Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. Could they ever ask a question on not a very important character such as Malcolm from Macbeth? or would they most likely only ask about the main characters?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Aleksandraaniaa
Hey, so I'm doing the new English GCSE and I was wondering about the characters they could ask about in the literature paper. Im doing Macbeth, the Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime and Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. Could they ever ask a question on not a very important character such as Malcolm from Macbeth? or would they most likely only ask about the main characters?

When I did GCSEs last year, there was always a chance they could ask about the minor characters and we saw past papers (for different texts) where it had asked a question combining two or three minor characters which shared a common theme or something like that. I'd say it's important to know a little bit about your minor characters, just don't excessively focus on these. Maybe learning one or two quotes will cover you in case they ask these questions :smile: good luck!
I had my component one which involved Macbeth and that involved the theme of violence and that was fine because as long as you know your character quotations you are safe and secure. also I'm doing curious incident and for minor characters the only one you really need to focus on is Siobhan. but then you could get a question saying how are minor characters significant - that could be for any of your texts. all you need to do is make sure you have reread texts at least twice and have a sufficient amount of quotes which have plenty to talk about - especially in the respects of language analysis, techniques (such as juxtaposing and irony) and form/ structure.
if they ask you about a minor character you can just say about the role in society from the structure of their text.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending