possible to get A or A* with these coursework grades

Watch this thread
rickH123
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
these are my coursework results.
D and T resistant materials: 76% (B)
biology isa: 42(A)
chemistry isa: 47(A according to school)
physics isa: 45 (A) according to school)
computing: 36 (A)

I want A in computing, and DT. However I am aiming for A* in the sciences.
Even though I got a low B in d and t, I am paranoid. Pls help.
Mrfabalas257
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Of course its possible if you get good results an A in computing is great gonna set you up well as well as the As in your sciences. As for sciences getting A* it will be hard especially this year as the grade boundaries will high. without an A* on your coursework it will be especially hard you will need to get 3 A* on each paper 1 2 and 3.
username2926188
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Bruh
rickH123
Rep:
(Original post by fabalas)
Of course its possible if you get good results an A in computing is great gonna set you up well as well as the As in your sciences. As for sciences getting A* it will be hard especially this year as the grade boundaries will high. without an A* on your coursework it will be especially hard you will need to get 3 A* on each paper 1 2 and 3.
Thanks that really helped. If you want more info, here it is as i made the thread in school i didnt have more time.

resistant Materials: Edexel: 76/100 Grade B (correction coming along, could get A)
Computing: OCR: 2 courseworks were done, A in both. (36/45 and 38/45)
Sciences: AQA: Bio: 42-46/50 (remarking due to error) chem: 47/50 (A), physics: 45/50 (A)

Just to let you know the ISA grade boundaries are made by the school. These are my preferred grades for the subjects:
B in d and t
A in computing.
A* in the three sciences.
For maths and english i'm doing the new spec. Getting constant 8's, but going for 9 (our school doesnt give out 9.)
Hope this extra information helps.
rickH123
Rep:
(Original post by emerald7770)
Bruh
Wat?
Mrfabalas257
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by rickH123)
Thanks that really helped. If you want more info, here it is as i made the thread in school i didnt have more time.

resistant Materials: Edexel: 76/100 Grade B (correction coming along, could get A)
Computing: OCR: 2 courseworks were done, A in both. (36/45 and 38/45)
Sciences: AQA: Bio: 42-46/50 (remarking due to error) chem: 47/50 (A), physics: 45/50 (A)

Just to let you know the ISA grade boundaries are made by the school. These are my preferred grades for the subjects:
B in d and t
A in computing.
A* in the three sciences.
For maths and English i'm doing the new spec. Getting constant 8's, but going for 9 (our school doesn't give out 9.)
Hope this extra information helps.
Also im pretty sure you have A* for physics and A* for chem with those marks just checked the grade boundaries for 2017 ISA and your above the boundary for both and they hardly every change also well done on doing good for computing coursework i do computing but haven't yet had my grade back for the coursework the Linux coursework was such a drag
rickH123
Rep:
Also im pretty sure you have A* for physics and A* for chem with those marks just checked the grade boundaries for 2017 ISA and your above the boundary for both and they hardly every change also well done on doing good for computing coursework i do computing but haven't yet had my grade back for the coursework the Linux coursework was such a drag
oh. Where can u find the 2017 isa grade boundaries? this is my school's isa boundaries:
A* = 48
A = 44
B = 40
C = 35
D = 30
idk lower than that
Mrfabalas257
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
oh. Where can u find the 2017 isa grade boundaries? this is my school's isa boundaries:
A* = 48
A = 44
B = 40
C = 35
D = 30
idk lower than that
AQA havent released offical ISA grade boundaries your schools boundaries are just made up based on what they think. the best thing to do is to check AQA 2016 as the boundaries do not usually change much each year.
rickH123
Rep:
AQA havent released offical ISA grade boundaries your schools boundaries are just made up based on what they think. the best thing to do is to check AQA 2016 as the boundaries do not usually change much each year.
well thanks. I'm just really paranoid about my grades.
Mrfabalas257
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
well thanks. I'm just really paranoid about my grades.
im stressing more about edexcel maths as i need a 7 to study a level maths at my school but the new spec is rock solid
rickH123
Rep:
the new spec maths is easy for me lol. But i think it's because i do further maths aswell.
School_ftw
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
A* = 48
A = 44
B = 40
C = 35
D = 30
idk lower than that
Those ISA grade boundaries are most likely nowhere near accurate. I personally got 48/50, while my friend got 42/50 and we both got A*s according to my school. Last few years they've been around about the 42-45 mark for A* I think (official AQA). And for computing, you need at least 270 UMS in total for A* if you're on OCR. The grade boundaries will probably be different but I'd say you have a reasonable chance of getting A* with A in both - don't forget, 40% is from the actual paper which you only need like 50 for an A*. Point being you should be good, if you do well in the theory.
rickH123
Rep:
(Original post by School_ftw)
Those ISA grade boundaries are most likely nowhere near accurate. I personally got 48/50, while my friend got 42/50 and we both got A*s according to my school. Last few years they've been around about the 42-45 mark for A* I think (official AQA). And for computing, you need at least 270 UMS in total for A* if you're on OCR. The grade boundaries will probably be different but I'd say you have a reasonable chance of getting A* with A in both - don't forget, 40% is from the actual paper which you only need like 50 for an A*. Point being you should be good, if you do well in the theory.
Thanks for the reply. Just really paranoid.
matlad1
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Could anyone tell me if it is possible for me to get and a* with 39/50 for history ocr b modern world history, this is one of an a and is worth 20 perecent. Thanks guyss !!!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (23)
32.86%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (32)
45.71%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
20%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.43%

Watched Threads