i lost my phone AND NOW I NEED HELP SO BADLY!

Watch
CowsRock
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
i've lost my phone at school. I turned my back to work on a group project, when it was time to leave, it was gone. I keep it in a wallet (no money in it) so I can have it in class becuase i dont bother using my locker, and along with that i hav my lunch card and zip card.. Anyway, It's a WileyFox Swift. I got it at the begining of the year. I haven't told my parents yet, they will kill me (literally maybe). My phone is off, it's locked, always have a passcode on it that no one but me will know. I don't know if you can turn it off from the lock screen, someone might have taken out the battery. I tried using Google to locate it but it doesn't work. Anyway, I tried to call myself on my mom's phone, it only says "This person hasn't set up a mailbox yet, blah blah blah.." It doesn't even ring. I need help. Please. I feel like I'm going to throw up because I have a guilty conscious and it's making me so nervous. Also, my dad has my data turned off during school hours, but I keep it off just in case so I don't waste it because I only have 2 GB of data, so it's off, I can't call myself, I've sent a few texts, gotten onto Android Device Manager or whatever to try to track it, make it ring really loud, nothing works.... I can't get a hold of anyone, I was hoping I could, but it won't even ring through. I'm terrified.
username2488767
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by CowsRock)
i've lost my phone at school. I turned my back to work on a group project, when it was time to leave, it was gone. I keep it in a wallet (no money in it) so I can have it in class becuase i dont bother using my locker, and along with that i hav my lunch card and zip card.. Anyway, It's a WileyFox Swift. I got it at the begining of the year. I haven't told my parents yet, they will kill me (literally maybe). My phone is off, it's locked, always have a passcode on it that no one but me will know. I don't know if you can turn it off from the lock screen, someone might have taken out the battery. I tried using Google to locate it but it doesn't work. Anyway, I tried to call myself on my mom's phone, it only says "This person hasn't set up a mailbox yet, blah blah blah.." It doesn't even ring. I need help. Please. I feel like I'm going to throw up because I have a guilty conscious and it's making me so nervous. Also, my dad has my data turned off during school hours, but I keep it off just in case so I don't waste it because I only have 2 GB of data, so it's off, I can't call myself, I've sent a few texts, gotten onto Android Device Manager or whatever to try to track it, make it ring really loud, nothing works.... I can't get a hold of anyone, I was hoping I could, but it won't even ring through. I'm terrified.
Go into to school tomorrow and tell reception that it has been lost/taken. It sounds more at the minute like someone has taken it rather than you have lost it. Teachers will take it more seriously if someone stole it (athough you may get told off for having it out in school, it depends on your school's rules). If it doesn't get turned in, I'm afraid you'll have no choice but to tell your parents and face the conseuqnces. Also, if it is going straight to voicemail, it's either turned off or the battery has run out. If the battery has run out, it'll mean that no one can use it unless they have a charger for it.
xNat_19
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by CowsRock)
You need to tell your parents so they can:
1. cancel your phone bill (so no one is can call/text/ etc)
2. report it to the school and maybe your form or whatever class you were in, can do a bag check.

The only way you're going to feel a bit better, is by telling your parents. I lost my phone, and to start, they were mad at me, but they get over it. They cant be mad at you forever! Mine were just happy i told them early enough, before the person who had it could purchase things on the app store, and call/text. At the end of the day, they're your parents and i guess they have different opinions but the best thing YOU can do for now, is tell the truth.
Also, another thing you can do is let all your friends/contacts know your phone has been stolen so they know whatever someone is sending them, isn't you.
*JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE A PASSCODE ON YOUR MOBILE, DOESN'T MEAN THEY STILL CANT ACCESS IT! THEY COULD EASILY TAKE IT TO A TECH STORE TO GET IT UNLOCKED!* so make sure you go through with all of these procedures! If you have an android, then read these threads: http://www.androidcentral.com/how-track-android-phone
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/co...ost-or-stolen/

Hope you find your phone! Best of luck
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I hate my phone. It distracts from things that are much more important like my kids and family and friends.
Toast210
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
I hate my phone. It distracts from things that are much more important like my kids and family and friends.
That isn't the phone's fault...
To a certain extent I see where your coming from but in the end it's your choice whether to put down the phone or not.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Toast210)
That isn't the phone's fault...
To a certain extent I see where your coming from but in the end it's your choice whether to put down the phone or not.
Agreed. But let's just say I didn't have this problem in the 80s and 90s.
Toast210
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
Agreed. But let's just say I didn't have this problem in the 80s and 90s.
I see your point
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (54)
29.51%
No - I have already returned home (23)
12.57%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (42)
22.95%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (16)
8.74%
No - I live at home during term anyway (48)
26.23%

Watched Threads