The Student Room Group

Staying off school to revise

So I have gcse exams in less than a month which is quite scary as it only seems like yesterday was the first day of key stage 4 and now I'm at the end already.

At the minute I'm off school for Easter and I don't go back until next week but before Easter basically every course was finished and the teachers just let us do our own revision and past papers during class time as there was nothing else to teach.

I go back next week then like the week after that I finish for study leave so I see no point in even bothering to go in next week, since all we're doing is revision and I can do that in the comfort of my own home so why go to school and be distracted by people who don't care about their GCSEs?

The problem is if I take a whole week off and no contacts been made, I don't want to get into trouble, I was thinking of emailing my head of year and telling her of my plans but I'm worried that they'll not agree.

Should I ask the school or just not show up? I mean an attendance percentage is not important compared to GCSEs and yes to get your GCSEs you need to attend school but there's no point if all it is is revision.
Show up on Friday and say you were ill for 4 days. It's not that big a deal unless you're school is really strict or you already have attendance issues.
Please update this when u decide what to do. I am actually curious for when I am in year 11. :smile: I think I would pretend to be ill
Reply 3
If your mum supports you then get her contact school and ask, if they disagree say you are taking early study leave as you are stressed. No.1 way out 😉

Quick Reply

Latest