karl pilkington
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Does anyone use it here. I want to store maybe over 500 photos. Is it free and are there any limitations. They are mostly photos of holidays or random destinations and buildings so are not that important but I still wanna see them for reference.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I use Dropbox for loads of stuff. Can get free accounts, mine's free and has loads of space.
karl pilkington
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by gjd800)
I use Dropbox for loads of stuff. Can get free accounts, mine's free and has loads of space.
is it free for an unlimited period what are the limitations thanks
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah, it's jsut free full stop. You can upgrade storage if you want to pay but I never have and I have loads on there. I think its only 2 gig free. I got a laptop with some code thingy so I have 50.
quasa
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by karl pilkington)
Does anyone use it here. I want to store maybe over 500 photos. Is it free and are there any limitations. They are mostly photos of holidays or random destinations and buildings so are not that important but I still wanna see them for reference.
onedrive i like (30gb default, 1tb for 4 yeara if you have office uni version). an added bonus is that you can create (and store) word, powerpoint and excel documents on the go in your web browser
Drostina
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I use OneDrive at all time, Also some Google Drive

OneDrive gives you 200GB with a Samsung S6 Purchase, So pretty much Unlimited
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I might have to look into onedrive.
gareths
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i use onedrive as it is built in to my devices (i use a windows 10 phone, xbox one s, 2 laptops on win10, 1 tablet on win10 and a desktop pc on win10
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Dropbox was great! Used it all throughout​ university.

I have OneDrive and Google Drive too but I prefer Dropbox.
Stickman
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
I have Google Drive (pay for 100GB/month), One Drive (110GB came free with S6) and Dropbox (5GB free), and that's just about enough for me, but I store everything, like all my photos, backups for my devices etc.

If you have an android phone, I suggest Google Photos, as they upload to Google photos (sync auto), without you having to worry about doing it manually.

P.S I don't trust iCloud.
gareths
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Stickman)
I have Google Drive (pay for 100GB/month), One Drive (110GB came free with S6) and Dropbox (5GB free), and that's just about enough for me, but I store everything, like all my photos, backups for my devices etc.

If you have an android phone, I suggest Google Photos, as they upload to Google photos (sync auto), without you having to worry about doing it manually.

P.S I don't trust iCloud.
iCloud is :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I use iCloud for my photos, they have a 5gb plan which is free (that should store 500 photos) but I pay 79p a month for 50GB. If you're looking for a file system cloud storage - iCloud is probably the worst. But it's good for photos especially if you have an iPhone or iPad or Mac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (720)
33.85%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (911)
42.83%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (403)
18.95%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.37%

Watched Threads