Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Uea oryork for history of art?

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I'm having a bit of a problem. I can't decide to choose York or Uea for art history. I would appreciate if someone would give me their opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

Let's see if we can help you make up your mind.

First, here's some comparative statistics from Unistats:

Name:  history of art.PNG
Views: 11
Size:  33.2 KB

As you can see, UEA comes out pretty well!

Here's a video about studying at UEA too:

On UEA campus we have the world-renowned Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts, which has amazing exhibitions, and a sculpture trail around the campus, including our latest arrivals from Antony Gormley's Another Time.

Generally, Norwich is a very cultured and artsy city. In the centre of the city, there is NUA, which is the Art School and attracts lots of creative types! Norwich has also been a City of Literature since 2012, and has lots of brilliant theatre and other cultural events.

Norwich is beautiful too, with an amazing history! And there's so many great places to eat, awesome pubs, brilliant events, amazing people. You could check out our #WhyNorwich thread on Instagram for more reasons!

The surroundings are also great. UEA is situated in 200 hectares of natural parkland, and we have a lake, a river, and frankly gorgeous grounds. You get all the benefits of city-living with gorgeous greenery too! Plus, it's only a 30 minute train ride to the coast.

Hope that helps and do get in touch if you have any other questions.

Rowan

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: April 21, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.