The Student Room Group

Struggles with A-Levels.

When I first began my A-Levels i had no idea what to do so I picked random subjects which were new to me. Throughout the year I found out that I enjoyed learning languages and hoped to take that on in university. I am a person who doesn't work well if I am uncomfortable for example with my chosen subjects. Since i didn't enjoy them, I hardly put any effort in whatsoever. I am now nearing the end of my second year and it is clear to say I am no where near passing. I applied for university but I am taking a gap year first. Since I am taking a gap year, I was thinking I could apply to another college and take on one or two A-Levels to complete my grades ready for University. I'm not sure how to work through this, as in, can I apply for one year courses/fast track courses? and where? I would like to pick up one or two languages as courses, but to be able to do in a year? Is that possible?
I am surely a lost cause but I don't want my education to go to waste. Any help would be great ^-^ Thank you.
Original post by tamszz
When I first began my A-Levels i had no idea what to do so I picked random subjects which were new to me. Throughout the year I found out that I enjoyed learning languages and hoped to take that on in university. I am a person who doesn't work well if I am uncomfortable for example with my chosen subjects. Since i didn't enjoy them, I hardly put any effort in whatsoever. I am now nearing the end of my second year and it is clear to say I am no where near passing. I applied for university but I am taking a gap year first. Since I am taking a gap year, I was thinking I could apply to another college and take on one or two A-Levels to complete my grades ready for University. I'm not sure how to work through this, as in, can I apply for one year courses/fast track courses? and where? I would like to pick up one or two languages as courses, but to be able to do in a year? Is that possible?
I am surely a lost cause but I don't want my education to go to waste. Any help would be great ^-^ Thank you.

The difficulty is that not all universities accept a levels from a third year, what i would suggest it that you email a few universities explaining your situation and see what they suggest you should do

Quick Reply

Latest