Making foreign friends :) Watch

tamszz
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey there, I was born in the UK, but my parents are from Spain and Sri Lanka. Growing up in London I've always been around Spanish speakers/Latinos. I want to learn many languages and hope to study languages in the future, so I would like to make a lot of foreign friends from who I could learn from. If there are people here who would like to mingle and teach me their language from time to time, it would be great
agrew
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you decide to learn the beautiful language of Tolstoy and Dostoevsky , I can help with that.
Felkyr
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey! I'm from Australia... I can help with English... :cool:
AndreasK256
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have always wanted to learn Russian... if anyone wants to exchange for Spanish then message me
hamzakendi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am available If you would like to learn Arabic and make arab friend.
rickH123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by tamszz)
Hey there, I was born in the UK, but my parents are from Spain and Sri Lanka. Growing up in London I've always been around Spanish speakers/Latinos. I want to learn many languages and hope to study languages in the future, so I would like to make a lot of foreign friends from who I could learn from. If there are people here who would like to mingle and teach me their language from time to time, it would be great
Sri Lanka? You speak Tamil?
S!ns
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hamzakendi)
I am available If you would like to learn Arabic and make arab friend.
hi i am iranian is this still okay can we be friends please, i need a token arab friend

teach me arabic.
hamzakendi
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by S!ns)
hi i am iranian is this still okay can we be friends please, i need a token arab friend

teach me arabic.
That's definitely ok .
I have never interacted with Iranian people before, so I am glad you can be my first iranian friend.
S!ns
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
That's definitely ok .
I have never interacted with Iranian people before, so I am glad you can be my first iranian friend.
How do you feel about Iran? Its government? Religion? People?

I'm guessing you are Muslim?
hamzakendi
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by S!ns)
How do you feel about Iran? Its government? Religion? People?

I'm guessing you are Muslim?
l like Iran .
It was a historic civilization . I read little about it and how it was a superpower empire.
For the government , I don't like the current regime which is ruled by one old Imam who is Khameni no matter who the president is . I actually don't like any regimes based on Islamic rules because they are against Democracy .
For people, I just respect them that is all I can say. I don't have any thoughts about Iranian People because like I said earlier, I have never known anyone but you
S!ns
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
l like Iran .
It was a historic civilization . I read little about it and how it was a superpower empire.
For the government , I don't like the current regime which is ruled by one old Imam who is Khameni no matter who the president is . I actually don't like any regimes based on Islamic rules because they are against Democracy .
For people, I just respect them that is all I can say. I don't have any thoughts about Iranian People because like I said earlier, I have never known anyone but you
that is a diplomatic reply, perhaps even more diplomatic than Saudi officials (not that there is much in the way of diplomatic relations between the two countries...)

are you muslim? I think that countries under islamic - or any religious - law run the risk of corruption more easily, and it is not conducive to individual rights where someone may opt to leave a religion, or if their inherent nature (e.g. sexuality) doesn't fall in line with religious law. Having said that, I am actually a big supporter of the Iranian government for several reasons
hamzakendi
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by S!ns)
that is a diplomatic reply, perhaps even more diplomatic than Saudi officials (not that there is much in the way of diplomatic relations between the two countries...)

are you muslim? I think that countries under islamic - or any religious - law run the risk of corruption more easily, and it is not conducive to individual rights where someone may opt to leave a religion, or if their inherent nature (e.g. sexuality) doesn't fall in line with religious law. Having said that, I am actually a big supporter of the Iranian government for several reasons
Are you Muslim ? you can PM me and I will answer .
So what are these several reasons make you big supporter of the Iranian government ?
Bham369
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I can speak Gujarati...
Carey2017
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am native Chinese , live in mainland China , speak Mandrain . If you are interesed in Chinese , I will be glad to help .

By the way , I major in English , so we can communicate in English , haha !
arafay
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hi i am from pakistan and i can teach you urdu
CB04094
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi I an from the U.S. I am new with this program. Nice to meet you! I's Cara.
Hassan musbau
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah you welcome i am from african
Hassan musbau
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I like to makes friends from different part of the world.
Hassan musbau
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Really could be my friend anyway?
nashadi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, I am also a Sri Lankan and I am living in Sri Lanka. I would love to make friends with you as I am also insearch of foreign friends.😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.78%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.96%
No I am happy with my course choice (401)
57.04%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (100)
14.22%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed