Violence and aggression research conference at Coventry UniversityWatch
Just in case there are any students interested, we are holding a two-day conference in relation to violence and aggression research at Coventry University.
Integrating Research and Practice to Combat Violence and Interpersonal Aggression
Register at http://www.coventry.ac.uk/violenceconference2017
- Professor Andrew Silke (Professor of Criminology): Countering violent extremism: Where have we been, where are we going?
- Dr. Derek Farrell (Senior Lecturer in Psychology): Gender-based violence and trauma capacity building: Narratives of today
- Junior Smart - Founder of SOS Project [gang intervention project], St. Giles Project
- Professor Erica Bowen (Professor of Prevention of Violence and Abuse): Can thinking from a moral disengagement perspective help to explain and prevent partner violence and abuse?
- Policing sexual offending: Dr. Jessica Woodhams (University of Birmingham)
- Challenging the gendered approach to IPV research: Working with perpetrators and victims: Dr. Elizabeth Bates (University of Cumbria)
- Researcher-practitioner collaborations to strengthen the evidence base on identifying and responding to children exposed to domestic violence and abuse: Dr. Emma Howarth (University of Cambridge)
- Crime science approaches to understanding and combatting terrorism and political violence: Dr. Paul Gill (University College London)
- Revenge pornography: New perspectives and practice in responding to revenge pornography: Dr. Emma Sleath (Coventry University)
- The resilience journey: Trauma and mindfulness: Led by: Dr. Christine Wekerle (McMaster University)
Parallel sessions covering:
- Violence interventions and resettlement
- Perceptions of victimisation
- Violence in settings and cultures
- Criminal justice responses to violence
- Survivors and help-seeking
- Lived experiences of violence and its impact
- Perpetration of violence