The Student Room Group

As history relationship between churchill and de gaulle

Can anyone please explain how the relationship between churchill and de gaulle changed please. We need to talk about the following
-attack on mers el kebir
-denouncing vichy government
-operation overlord
-Britain usa de gaulle
Thanks it would be really useful if you could explain each one as i have no idea what these mean :frown:
If you have no idea what they mean then you probably haven't been listening/taking proper notes in lessons. I don't know anything about this topic, but I can tell you that the Vichy government was the Nazi sympathetic region of France during the war, so I imagine Churchill denounced that. And de Gaulle was the person at the head of France's government after the war, right?

I also know that France considered themselves more European than Britain and thought that Britain was becoming more American and trying to introduce American influence into Europe.

If you really have no idea about these topics then you should look them up online, ask your teacher for help, and also you need to make sure your notes are better and where you can find information when you don't understand something. You probably have a course textbook, so I'd look there.
Thanks but i always take proper notes in lesson so i know thats not the issue. we have missed many lessons due to inset days and bank holidays so we are a lesson behind and everytime the teacher reschedules the lesson me and most of the class have a mock for another subject which is why we have been told to research alone.

Quick Reply

Latest