German Mixed Sex Sauna

Watch
Bex94
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Has anyone here ever been to one, particularly the women on here?

I'm going to Germany next week and we're booked into a hotel that has a spa attached to it that we'd like to go to. I've been to European saunas before but only same sex ones where nudity isn't an issue. I'm probably worrying over nothing but haven't ever been in a confined space with naked male strangers before and just wandered if people had been before and felt completely safe?
A321
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I had to re-read this. I thought it was about a sauna where people have sex lol. If its a decent place I'm sure they'll have staff around. Personally I wouldn't use it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bex94
Rep:
?
(Original post by A321)
I had to re-read this. I thought it was about a sauna where people have sex lol. If its a decent place I'm sure they'll have staff around. Personally I wouldn't use it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha, it'd better not be! I was thinking that there'd be staff around and it's presumably quite common over there but I guess I have a picture in my head of lots of older men and just me and my friend which is a little disturbing.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by A321)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Always gotta read twice if Sex and Germany are in the same sentence together. They are kinks.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I haven't but I doubt you'd be in any danger. Germans are pretty chilled out about nudity but that doesn't mean they're chilled out about sexual assault (which presumably is the only danger). Providing you're OK with sitting there while naked guys can see everything that's the only problem.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have been to mixed saunas in Germany. Almost all of the time women are in a majority and you should feel completely safe. Which city are you going to?
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
And the saunas are often very large so you and your friends can be sat 10 or 15 foot from someone else.
Bex94
Rep:
?
(Original post by barnetlad)
I have been to mixed saunas in Germany. Almost all of the time women are in a majority and you should feel completely safe. Which city are you going to?
Thanks Barnetlad. We're going to Hamburg. Do they have lots of staff around in these places?
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Bex94;7105421 0)
Thanks Barnetlad. We're going to Hamburg. Do they have lots of staff around in these places?
Yes they do. Not just to keep the spa tidy but for the sauna water pouring ritual called an Aufguss.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
Yes they do. Not just to keep the spa tidy but for the sauna water pouring ritual called an Aufguss.
I have just come back from a trip to Vienna and visited a sauna. All above board, enjoyed the saunas and could have a swim in between times.
username2965904
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm going to Berlin next month. Seems as if I can have a sauna if it is cold and no-one will bat an eyelid.
Bex94
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by KingHarold)
I'm going to Berlin next month. Seems as if I can have a sauna if it is cold and no-one will bat an eyelid.
I'm pretty sure they won't. I've found that when you visit nude spas and saunas, nobody pays any attention to or really notices other people's bodies.
username2965904
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Bex94)
I'm pretty sure they won't. I've found that when you visit nude spas and saunas, nobody pays any attention to or really notices other people's bodies.
No-one did bat an eyelid. The only time anyone was not happy was when a French couple were talking in the sauna. They looked quite surprised when I then supported the unhappy person by speaking to them in French about the silence tradition in German saunas. There were quite a few other people who were English speakers there too.

The majority of people there were women, it seemed because they were more likely to be with female friends perhaps as part of a group.
Bex94
Rep:
?
No-one did bat an eyelid. The only time anyone was not happy was when a French couple were talking in the sauna. They looked quite surprised when I then supported the unhappy person by speaking to them in French about the silence tradition in German saunas. There were quite a few other people who were English speakers there too.

The majority of people there were women, it seemed because they were more likely to be with female friends perhaps as part of a group.
It's funny to us when everyone is naked and the biggest faux pas is people talking! Actually, I expect that there are other no-no's but the saunas I've been to in Europe all have very strict rules about canoodling and such like, not that I'd really want to do that with one of my sisters obviously if I was there with them as per the last two occasions I've been to one.

I've seen groups at these saunas a few times and they do tend to be women of varying ages when they're in groups or much older men. I'm not saying I'm disappointed it anything but it's a shame there aren't any male rugby clubs who seem to attend these spas together! 😂
Tubbz
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Bex94)
It's funny to us when everyone is naked and the biggest faux pas is people talking! Actually, I expect that there are other no-no's but the saunas I've been to in Europe all have very strict rules about canoodling and such like, not that I'd really want to do that with one of my sisters obviously if I was there with them as per the last two occasions I've been to one.

I've seen groups at these saunas a few times and they do tend to be women of varying ages when they're in groups or much older men. I'm not saying I'm disappointed it anything but it's a shame there aren't any male rugby clubs who seem to attend these spas together! 😂
That's because most of the male rugby clubs will probably have found their way to the brothels.
Bex94
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tubbz)
That's because most of the male rugby clubs will probably have found their way to the brothels.
Really? How disappointing 😔
username2965904
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Bex94)

You would have liked the young man (a member of staff) who gave the Aufguss then. An Aufguss is a water pouring ceremony- water poured on the sauna coals, and then heat waved around the room with a towel, flag or in this case also some birch twigs. He had the build of a rugby player- perhaps that is why there were about ten young women who came for the Aufguss and were very attentive to the ceremony!
Eddie Nimlats
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I used to visit Munich quite regularly and found it strange when women on their own came into a mixed suana (the only suanna open to me at that time) rather than a women's only one. Then I went to live there and - without I hope giving offence to anyone - I did not go into my regular suana on men only night. I realised that the women I had seen had probably gone into suanas with their husbands, so a mixed suana was nothing special and they preferred to be with a general crowd. The Germans think nothing about it; friends and work collegues go into them together. I must admit that one "hurdle" I never had to jump was meeting a woman I knew!
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bex94)

When I was in Berlin for the Mauerfall 25th anniversary and went to this lovely spa called Vabali, there was a group of men together, whom I assumed were on a stag do. Maybe they were a part of a rugby club!
mpaprika
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They have them in Czech Republic as well and when I went with my cousin we would just wear our swimsuit and it was fine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (50)
31.65%
No - I have already returned home (20)
12.66%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (33)
20.89%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
8.86%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
25.95%

Watched Threads