Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Am I going to be old at uni? (Applied for NTU) Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    I'm SO excited to start uni in Sept but I just have a feeling like I'm going to seem really old compared to the 18 year olds. I'm going to be 22 when I start my course, is that normal? Just hoping I'll get on with everyone :cool:

Anyone else starting that's in their 20's or knows of people that are slightly older so I feel a bit more at ease? Thanks!

P.S I have nothing against 18 year olds obviously haha, just wanted to see if it was common that there are older people there too.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with that. I'm going to be 24, I don't really think about it. Just slightly worried about my accommodation as that's not sorted yet.

Pm me it won't let me contact you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharP94)
    I'm SO excited to start uni in Sept but I just have a feeling like I'm going to seem really old compared to the 18 year olds. I'm going to be 22 when I start my course, is that normal? Just hoping I'll get on with everyone :cool:

Anyone else starting that's in their 20's or knows of people that are slightly older so I feel a bit more at ease? Thanks!

P.S I have nothing against 18 year olds obviously haha, just wanted to see if it was common that there are older people there too.
    Hi CharP94,

Welcome to the Trent Army! We can't wait for you to join us in September!

You definitely won't be the only fresher who isn't 18! I had a flatmate, Dan, in my first year who was 23 when he started uni with us. When you start you'll have the chance to meet loads of different people during Welcome Week.

What are you studying?

Tim - NTU TSR Rep

ReputationRep:
    Uni is for 18 to 100 year olds. There should be a few 19 year olds there as well. Unless you are going in on day 1 with a " I'm 22 " t-shirt and cap, nobody will know. By the time your age filters out everyone will think you're so cool anyway, it wouldn't matter if you were 92.

ReputationRep:
    I was 23 when I started at uni, it wasn't a problem at all.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone! I feel loads better now. At least I can drink them under the table and teach them drinking games lol.

I'm studying Psychology with Sociology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharP94)
    I can drink them under the table and teach them drinking games lol
    Ha 😂 see you at freshers!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm 20 and going to studying pyschology and criminology at ntu in September! So you won't be the only one!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm 25 and thinking maybe in a few years I'll do that so...if you're too old what the hell am I xD

ReputationRep:
    Age doesn't matter.
    Two of my friends started university at age 20 and 23.

Poll
Still A Remainer Or A Brexiteer?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.