The Student Room Group

Commonwealth Scholarships (for 'developed' countries) 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rejx
They've got to explain why surely!

This was the email! From what I've heard from others applying who tried to contact them throughout the process, they weren't particularly friendly.

Thank you for your application for a Commonwealth Scholarship in 2017. I am writing to let you know that all applications have now been assessed for eligibility and your application has been deemed ineligible.

The full Terms and Conditions of our awards including the eligibility criteria and deadlines for submission of the application and the supporting documentation are available on our website here: http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/terms-conditions-scholarships-developed-2017.pdf

We do not provide feedback to individual candidates and correspondence will not be entered into with ineligible candidates.

Please note that an ineligible application will not negatively affect any future application to the CSC.
Reply 21
Yeah no real explanation there. Sorry to hear hope you have other options. Still nothing on my end.
Reply 22
Hello,Applicant from Australia here. I applied back in late March and aside from an e-mail I received upon making an EAS account I have heard absolutely nothing from the commission. Is this everybody else's experience? Also I can't find a contact address for them that doesn't respond with an automated e-mail.
Reply 23
Original post by riz94
Hello,Applicant from Australia here. I applied back in late March and aside from an e-mail I received upon making an EAS account I have heard absolutely nothing from the commission. Is this everybody else's experience? Also I can't find a contact address for them that doesn't respond with an automated e-mail.

Hey yeah same here. The email address I used was [email protected] and they replied within a couple of days I think. I called my home country's scholarship office and they said they hadn't heard from them either and that it usually does take them till June as they have to process all the applications from every country. But otherwise not a peep. :frown:
Reply 24
That was the e-mail address which responded to my query, although I used the contact form on the CSC website. I really hope we find out soon. Good luck to you!
Reply 25
Rejection letter was in my junk folder since Tuesday :frown:

Good luck to the rest
Reply 26
Very sorry to hear that mate. I received my rejection letter yesterday morning unfortunately. Good luck to anybody remaining who reads this.
Reply 27
So sorry to hear this bad news from you lot! :-(
It seems like they really only give a sprinkling of offers to applicants from 'developed' countries.... Best of luck to any of you who are still waiting and hoping!
Any one have any further info? I was advised I was listed as a 'reserve' candidate and would progress should more funding be available and/or someone not take their place but I'm guessing that's not happening because it's basically October!!
Original post by DaniMcAlister
Any one have any further info? I was advised I was listed as a 'reserve' candidate and would progress should more funding be available and/or someone not take their place but I'm guessing that's not happening because it's basically October!!

Hi,

I know of someone who was given that "advice" in August. He later sent some couple of emails and he was given the scholarship. Perhaps this is something you can pursue? Directly contacting them?
Original post by Cranfield University
Hi,

I know of someone who was given that "advice" in August. He later sent some couple of emails and he was given the scholarship. Perhaps this is something you can pursue? Directly contacting them?

I did email a few times and get the same direct reply "We will contact you if you are upgraded from reserve" but I might brave it and try again!
Original post by DaniMcAlister
I did email a few times and get the same direct reply "We will contact you if you are upgraded from reserve" but I might brave it and try again!

Great, let us know how it went!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending