Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Snap GE: Who do you side with?

ReputationRep:
    Take this quiz and post back with your result and who you'd like to win/voting for
    http://uk.isidewith.com/political-quiz

I got 55% Labour and 53% with Greens, probably going to end up begrudgingly voting labour. Although I'd much rather the Greens.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    My result (bloody hell :eek:):

Giving this a bit of a bump

ReputationRep:
    I got 71% conservatives :O

ReputationRep:
    58% labour, 56% tory

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ukip what..PNG
Views: 22
Size:  269.6 KB

Guess I should move to Scotland then?!

I probably will be voting Green as I live in the Caroline Lucas constituency and I think she's pretty awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)

Guess I should move to Scotland then?!

I probably will be voting Green as I live in the Caroline Lucas constituency and I think she's pretty awesome.
    Mine was really similar to yours! Didn't expect SNP to come out on top. Sinn Fein second and then Plaid Cymru. Maybe I should move anywhere in the UK aside from England? :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Boom

Name:  Support.PNG
Views: 21
Size:  268.6 KB

ReputationRep:
    I am not into these political puppet shows, but just out of curiosity

Name:  PT.PNG
Size:  254.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    I'll be voting Green (Caroline Lucas); I think my Green % was reduced a bit as I'm not anti-nuclear / anti-gm etc.

Name:  whoshouldivotefor.png
Views: 23
Size:  309.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaylaB)
    why is Nick Griffin pictured as the BNP posterboy ? He has been expelled from the party.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    why is Nick Griffin pictured as the BNP posterboy ? He has been expelled from the party.
    (Original post by KaylaB)
    x
    (Original post by Paracosm)
    My result (bloody hell :eek:):
    Giving this a bit of a bump
    69% tho :hubba:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    And it's my battery percentage too :fan:

(Original post by the bear)
    :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 14.56.56.png
Views: 19
Size:  249.0 KB
    I remember doing this about the time of the last election and getting like 96% Green. I wonder what changed? Does the poll only have one possible answer for each party because there's a few answers that are very similar for a lot of the questions? Also I'm pretty sure I'm more left wing in ideology than what the "idology" section claims. The liberal/authoritarian scale is probably fair though.

ReputationRep:
    66% Conservative
    51% UKIP
    please dont hate me im not a racist XDDD

ReputationRep:
    Take this quiz and post back with your result and who you'd like to win/voting for
    http://uk.isidewith.com/political-quiz

I got 55% Labour and 53% with Greens, probably going to end up begrudgingly voting labour. Although I'd much rather the Greens.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1492785852.691771.jpg
Size:  128.3 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It put me near exact centrist, which surprised me.

Can anyone pick out anything deeper in this, in terms of political ideas, from my results-

Green, SNP, Sinn Fein - Science

Virtually all besides the mainstream parties-Transport.

Lib Dems and Greens on Crime.

BNP and UKIP on national security.

For example how can I be ultra left on crime but ultra right on national security?

What political philosophy would that tie in with?

ReputationRep:
    I'm hitting high 70%s with regional parties that I can't vote for! Looks like SNP and Plaid to me lol.

Other than that I'm:

Greens 70%
    Labour 64%
    Lib Dem 62%

Everything else is 40% or below.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    It put me near exact centrist, which surprised me.

Can anyone pick out anything deeper in this, in terms of political ideas, from my results-

Green, SNP, Sinn Fein - Science

Virtually all besides the mainstream parties-Transport.

Lib Dems and Greens on Crime.

BNP and UKIP on national security.

For example how can I be ultra left on crime but ultra right on national security?

What political philosophy would that tie in with?
    The left/right spectrum only refers to your economic stance or how much you think the government should "interfere" in markets. There does happen to be a traditional link between left wing/liberalism and right wing/authoritarian philosophy which can lead to the confusion. It's probably right when it says you're a centrist. Transport policies of the parties don't link into an ideology well. Your science views probably indicate that you think global warming is a problem that the government should be taking more action to combat ect. You're more liberal on crime but think immigration and/or terrorism is a problem thus leading to a more authoritarian approach.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.