The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Is swansea a nice area to study?

I was under the impression it's a bit of a dump, with chavs etc.

Please tell me I am wrong?

Thanks
It's a city, so it's not going to be shiny and pretty. For a city though it's very small and uncrowded, and I've always found people to be friendly. There's low income areas that are a bit rough, sure, but they're pretty easily avoided. I feel pretty safe here. It's not the most up-to-date looking city either, but I think the best thing about it is how short of a drive it is to get to some really beautiful scenery, and being right on a beach is a plus because it's a lovely sandy stretch of beach. If you're tired of looking at grey buildings you can very, very quickly get a complete change of scenery with a short bus ride. I like how compact the city is, it really doesn't take long to get anywhere. I moved here before applying for university and intend to stay in the area afterwards too since I'm a fan.

If you want to see a bit of a dump, check out Middlesbrough. Dreadful the whole way through.
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
It's like most cities really. A bit rough in some parts, with some nice new developments. It is very student orientated because it's a small city with a reasonably large university as well as another smaller university. Transport links are brilliant in the city, the campus is a little over a mile from the centre so getting into town on a night outs easy. I'd say as a student you generally won't see that much of the bad parts of Swansea unless you live in the student village
Any more comments?

What are the students generally like? Driven? Resourceful? "Depressed?"
Reply 4
Original post by Algorithmic
Any more comments?

What are the students generally like? Driven? Resourceful? "Depressed?"

Hella depressed, know many people moving to Cardiff and travelling from there as the student life is better there.

Quick Reply

Latest