The Student Room Group

Studying Medicine in London

Hi guys,

I have an offer to study medicine at Imperial College in September but I'm really worried about the living costs. I've applied for student finance and I don't think it'll even cover the accommodation. I know Imperial offer generous bursaries but I don't think I qualify for them.

Is London really as expensive as people think and are there any scholarships or other bursaries to help out with the living costs on such a long course?
Reply 1
Original post by cat876
Hi guys,

I have an offer to study medicine at Imperial College in September but I'm really worried about the living costs. I've applied for student finance and I don't think it'll even cover the accommodation. I know Imperial offer generous bursaries but I don't think I qualify for them.

Is London really as expensive as people think and are there any scholarships or other bursaries to help out with the living costs on such a long course?

I suggest trying to get some form of part time job over the summer so you'll have some extra cash towards your living costs. Also why not just ring up the uni telling them your concerns and see what they say ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending