The Student Room Group

Msc in sustainable architecture/environmental design

I have got offers from Cardiff uni and the university of sheffield for the said course.. was wondering which uni has a better architecture school?... which offer should i accept...
Original post by panda_03
I have got offers from Cardiff uni and the university of sheffield for the said course.. was wondering which uni has a better architecture school?... which offer should i accept...

It's very difficult to say which one is better or worse as it depends on a variety of factors. You need to think about what's important to you. Think about things like the course structure (most important) and other things like what optional modules are available, what work experience you can get, if you're interested in research then what research the schools do, where grads end up etc. Finance and the city can also play a role. See if the uni can put you in touch with current or former students.
Reply 2

You have to choose regarding your personal demands. Both are great Universities, but you should make a good search concerning courses/city life/research/employability etc.
As for me, I decided to study the MSc Environmental Design of Buildings in Cardiff
Reply 3
Original post by fil_nick
You have to choose regarding your personal demands. Both are great Universities, but you should make a good search concerning courses/city life/research/employability etc.
As for me, I decided to study the MSc Environmental Design of Buildings in Cardiff

How did you find the course there?... how is Cardiff as a city?... I am an international student so don't know much about the place...
Reply 4
How did you find the course there?... how is Cardiff as a city?... I am an international student so don't know much about the place...

I haven't started yet! I will start this September. I am a EU student and I do not know much as well, but I think it is the best choice for me.
Reply 5
I haven't started yet! I will start this September. I am a EU student and I do not know much as well, but I think it is the best choice for me.

oh...ok...thanks for the help...:smile:...
Reply 6

btw on what parameters did you prefer Cardiff over the others?
Reply 7
btw on what parameters did you prefer Cardiff over the others?

I was between Cardiff and Kent. Instead of the scholarship that Cardiff offered me, Cardiff has better reputation concerning Architecture and a better lifestyle as Cardiff is way bigger than Canterbury. Also, the courses are more interesting even though they seem to be more demanding. Even accommodation fees are less in Cardiff. Such things made my decision.
Reply 8
I was between Cardiff and Kent. Instead of the scholarship that Cardiff offered me, Cardiff has better reputation concerning Architecture and a better lifestyle as Cardiff is way bigger than Canterbury. Also, the courses are more interesting even though they seem to be more demanding. Even accommodation fees are less in Cardiff. Such things made my decision.

Thanks, this was of great help...:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending