amylou12345
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, Student finance is due on Monday 24th and I haven't received my text about it, but others have. I've checked my online account and it says "payment in progress" for the status but I'm just wondering what other people think. Do I need to call them?? I need my finance on time...

Thanks
murpo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sometimes the text doesn't send.

It would be best to give a quick call just to see if everything is ok though.
Rcane
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm in the same boat. Did u ring them and find out if everything is ok
helennfoster
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My friend got her text on thursday (ours is due monday 24th) but I did not receive one... I'm a bit worried in case I dont get this terms loan haha. Did you get it sorted by ringing?
murpo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by helennfoster)
My friend got her text on thursday (ours is due monday 24th) but I did not receive one... I'm a bit worried in case I dont get this terms loan haha. Did you get it sorted by ringing?
Make sure your scheduled payment date has not changed by checking your online account. If it's due Monday then yes a text should of went out but if it has not then it doesn't mean anything is wrong. Give a quick call and ask when your getting paid, if they say it has been submitted to your bank for Monday then it's all fine, it will only take a few min of your time
Mystery.
Badges: 21
Report 3 years ago
I thought this was going to be a cringey 'no text from my crush' post XD
murpo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Mystery.)
I thought this was going to be a cringey 'no text from my crush' post XD
in a student finance forum, ummm ok
helennfoster
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by murpo)
Make sure your scheduled payment date has not changed by checking your online account. If it's due Monday then yes a text should of went out but if it has not then it doesn't mean anything is wrong. Give a quick call and ask when your getting paid, if they say it has been submitted to your bank for Monday then it's all fine, it will only take a few min of your time
okay, thank you!
GreenArrow
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
NO TEXT FOR MEEE

what has happened????
murpo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by GreenArrow)
NO TEXT FOR MEEE

what has happened????
Make sure your scheduled payment date has not changed by checking your online account. If it's due within the next 3 working days then yes a text should of went out but if it has not then it doesn't mean anything is wrong. Give a quick call and ask when your getting paid, it will only take a few min of your time
GreenArrow
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by murpo)
Make sure your scheduled payment date has not changed by checking your online account. If it's due within the next 3 working days then yes a text should of went out but if it has not then it doesn't mean anything is wrong. Give a quick call and ask when your getting paid, it will only take a few min of your time
the date that is shown on the website is 24th Monday. And it says 'payment in progress' does it mean I will definitely be getting it on Monday?

SFE is closed now and tomorrow

And why has some peope received a text and others not?
murpo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
the date that is shown on the website is 24th Monday. And it says 'payment in progress' does it mean I will definitely be getting it on Monday?

SFE is closed now and tomorrow

And why has some peope received a text and others not?
SFE is open tomorrow 9am-4pm - phone up

The text it says on the student portal and what it says in the backend are different so I don't know what payment in progress means which is why it's best for you to phone in, I only know what the backend text means.

If it says submitted then it's on the way to your bank - you can only check if it's been submitted by phoning in(Because the student portal says different words which I don't know what they mean). Give a quick call tomorrow
GreenArrow
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by murpo)
SFE is open tomorrow 9am-4pm - phone up

The text it says on the student portal and what it says in the backend are different so I don't know what payment in progress means which is why it's best for you to phone in, I only know what the backend text means.

If it says submitted then it's on the way to your bank - you can only check if it's been submitted by phoning in(Because the student portal says different words which I don't know what they mean). Give a quick call tomorrow
Alrighty thx
murpo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Alrighty thx
no problem, let me know if there is anything else I can help with.
amylou12345
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
To anyone still wondering, I called up after double checking my online account and they said they didn't know why I hadn't received a text but as the status said "payment in progress" the money had left them and was on its way. My payment arrived before it was expected on Saturday rather than Monday
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (87)
30.96%
Less motivated (194)
69.04%

Watched Threads