The Student Room Group

Revision prep

So, i have my AS levels in about 5 weeks and i haven't even started revising yet, i cant explain it but i just really do not have the energy in me to do work like i did at GCSE i feel like A-levels have drained all of my energy already and i just don't care about them anymore. My AS level results do not mean anything much but they are what i need to put forward when applying for UNI, i'm not 100% sure if i do want to go to UNI yet or not but i still want to apply just in case i do decide i want to go so i'm feeling even more stress on my shoulders. Does anyone have any good ways that they use to revise because i feel like whatever method i use just does not work, i make revision cards but i feel like i'm just copying everything from the books onto cards and it doesn't sink in, i have started making flash cards too but they take so long and there are like 50+ questions that can be made from each page of the textbook and it is so complicated to make sure i'm not missing anything out, I don't want to just completely give up because i want to have a future but i just don't feel like i'm taking the stress well and when things get hard i easily just give up on them rather than trying to tackle them, so if anyone has been the same or has any good revision tips please let me know i would really appreciate it :smile:
Reply 1
Doing past papers help and also making mindmaps but shortening the information into key words and pictures
Hoped this helped
Original post by meganrosebullard
So, i have my AS levels in about 5 weeks and i haven't even started revising yet, i cant explain it but i just really do not have the energy in me to do work like i did at GCSE i feel like A-levels have drained all of my energy already and i just don't care about them anymore. My AS level results do not mean anything much but they are what i need to put forward when applying for UNI, i'm not 100% sure if i do want to go to UNI yet or not but i still want to apply just in case i do decide i want to go so i'm feeling even more stress on my shoulders. Does anyone have any good ways that they use to revise because i feel like whatever method i use just does not work, i make revision cards but i feel like i'm just copying everything from the books onto cards and it doesn't sink in, i have started making flash cards too but they take so long and there are like 50+ questions that can be made from each page of the textbook and it is so complicated to make sure i'm not missing anything out, I don't want to just completely give up because i want to have a future but i just don't feel like i'm taking the stress well and when things get hard i easily just give up on them rather than trying to tackle them, so if anyone has been the same or has any good revision tips please let me know i would really appreciate it :smile:

have you considered doing electronic flashcards instead? assuming you are quicker at typing that writing. youtube can be a useful revision tool for factual subjects.
Original post by sidraali
Doing past papers help and also making mindmaps but shortening the information into key words and pictures
Hoped this helped

I did try mindmaps a gcse, thanks ill give it a go again :smile:
Original post by claireestelle
have you considered doing electronic flashcards instead? assuming you are quicker at typing that writing. youtube can be a useful revision tool for factual subjects.

oh yeah i totally forgot about using youtube, thanks ill give it a try
I feel like I'm in your exact position! Right now I'm doing a couple of hours per day, but it's so difficult because I have zero motivation. So far I've been making note sheets, mind maps and posters because that's what I kinda see as a 'fun' way of revising :colondollar:
Original post by octoppus
I feel like I'm in your exact position! Right now I'm doing a couple of hours per day, but it's so difficult because I have zero motivation. So far I've been making note sheets, mind maps and posters because that's what I kinda see as a 'fun' way of revising :colondollar:

I Haven't even started revising yet and my AS exams are literally in 3 weeks, i dont know whats wrong with me i just feel like nothing actually help me remember anything, i might try mind maps again as i did them for science at gcse and they helped a bit, i just have so many other things going on that i dont have much time to revise which sounds like an excuses to my teachers but it really isn't :cry:
Reply 7
You can read the topic and then write down a paragraph. Then answer some questions based on that topic (past papers).
I Haven't even started revising yet and my AS exams are literally in 3 weeks, i dont know whats wrong with me i just feel like nothing actually help me remember anything, i might try mind maps again as i did them for science at gcse and they helped a bit, i just have so many other things going on that i dont have much time to revise which sounds like an excuses to my teachers but it really isn't :cry:

Literally same! With my gcses last year I was so motivated with flash cards and stuff months before my exams. But now I'm freaking out because i've done barely any revision and my exams are a few weeks away:s-smilie: I'm writing out flash cards but I have no motivation to actually learn them:afraid:
Literally same! With my gcses last year I was so motivated with flash cards and stuff months before my exams. But now I'm freaking out because i've done barely any revision and my exams are a few weeks away:s-smilie: I'm writing out flash cards but I have no motivation to actually learn them:afraid:

me too arghhh, 3 weeks is not enough time to get all my revision cards done because they take up sooo much time because i can never shorten down information it always all seems so important !! i think ive resulted to just reading my textbooks over and over to try and help lool
me too arghhh, 3 weeks is not enough time to get all my revision cards done because they take up sooo much time because i can never shorten down information it always all seems so important !! i think ive resulted to just reading my textbooks over and over to try and help lool

ahah same. i feel like sitting over my text books and crying. i'm just hoping for some motivation to get me to learn everything i need to!
i hope you find a good way to revise, and good luck with exams :h:
ahah same. i feel like sitting over my text books and crying. i'm just hoping for some motivation to get me to learn everything i need to!
i hope you find a good way to revise, and good luck with exams :h:

Ah don't even!! I actually started today and was somewhat successful aha, thanks! You too hope it all goes well 😭

Quick Reply

Latest