tam2000
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So im studying macbeth, inspector calls and silas marner for the new english lit 2017 spec. Anyone got any notes/ideas as to how to get an A*?
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by tam2000)
So im studying macbeth, inspector calls and silas marner for the new english lit 2017 spec. Anyone got any notes/ideas as to how to get an A*?
The best advice I can give is to make character profiles and know the order of events as best you can. Make up lists of words that you'll use frequently and try to find alternatives that are better and impress the examiners
Derozan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
use a level terminology and level of reference for a 9 . mad ting
bad bunny
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm also doing macbeth and oh myyy, its the worsttt! I put together some points and evidence which could maybe used in answers if that helps
Attached files
JickDee
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For revision
make notes on each character, theme and symbol.
for each one, write down key characteristics/features/interpretations/changes/etc. (along with 1 or 2 supporting quotes and maybe analysis) of that character/theme/symbol
to get ideas, use your class notes and look online, perhaps use a revision guide

In the exam, use PEA paragraphs
P - say a point that answers the question (related to characters, themes, plot, symbols), don't state a technique
E - quote evidence (try and embed quotes)
A - discuss the techniques/form/structure used. have alternative interpretations and back up your interpretation with evidence from a different part of the text if possible. include contextual details if the paper requires
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (97)
28.36%
No - I have already returned home (44)
12.87%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (65)
19.01%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (35)
10.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.53%

Watched Threads