Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Loud and sexually active neighbour

So my neighbour recently got a boyfriend. Now I don't usually care about other people's relationships... until they affect me. We're living in student halls so as you know, the walls are very thin. My neighbour gets very loud with his boyfriend every night doing some 'gymnastics' :awesome:. I'm slightly traumatised due my ability to hear everything that goes down. I have tried discreetly telling him that old buildings have thin walls and thus have poor insulation (yes I brought up a different subject) but he didn't catch my drift. I don't know how to tell him to keep it down. It'll be kind of awkward since I barely know the guy. We only greet each other in the hallway.

ReputationRep:
    Invite a friend over and imitate moaning sounds next to your shared wall when he's home alone.

ReputationRep:
    If you can't beat them, join them.

ReputationRep:
    Play Varg records dead loud at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    Slide an anonymous message under his door.

ReputationRep:
    Play this classic at full blast against the shared wall while theyre at it lol - a housemate did this other housemates in my first year and it worked lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3_KP6yUWEw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So my neighbour recently got a boyfriend. Now I don't usually care about other people's relationships... until they affect me. We're living in student halls so as you know, the walls are very thin. My neighbour gets very loud with his boyfriend every night doing some 'gymnastics' :awesome:. I'm slightly traumatised due my ability to hear everything that goes down. I have tried discreetly telling him that old buildings have thin walls and thus have poor insulation (yes I brought up a different subject) but he didn't catch my drift. I don't know how to tell him to keep it down. It'll be kind of awkward since I barely know the guy. We only greet each other in the hallway.
    Omfg just tell him!

ReputationRep:
    Go up to him and say, "Can you please keep it down at night. This is a university. Not a brothel."

(Don't add the brothel bit)

ReputationRep:
    Get a big amplifier, turn the volume knob upto max and rip it off. Play Electric Six's "Infected Girls" though it, and go to the pub! And wait for it to all blow over.

ReputationRep:
    Tell him to quiet it down
    If it carries on, record and get evidence of the sounds then tell someone in charge

ReputationRep:
    Play some Emperor, wear black robes and sacrifice a goat as he invariably comes to knock on and ask you to turn off the mood-killing black metal. Never see him again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gjd800)
    Play Varg records dead loud at the same time.
    Polka metal. Always the solution👍

ReputationRep:
    Play 10hr version of shriek is love shrek is life

ReputationRep:
    she's helping him with his press ups.

ReputationRep:

Do you feel more awkward talking about it to a gay couple?

(Original post by stefano865)
    Do you feel more awkward talking about it to a gay couple?
    Nah I'd feel the same for any couple

Yea I thought about blasting music over it but it might backfire on me lol

ReputationRep:
    Play the most annoying song you can think of REALLY loud.
    Then when they come and complain, you tell them exactly what you can hear. Or play a recording of it to them. :yep:

I don't get it. What can you hear?

ReputationRep:
    My post has been reported :lol: :lol:

I don't get it. What can you hear?
    Are you really young or just naive?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: April 24, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about your exams so far?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.