Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What to do about my AS results? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Heya guys, well done to everyone today who got their AS and A level results. I am pleased with all of mine except in one of my subjects (critical thinking) i got a C and was only 13 marks off a B. I really want to apply to Cambridge uni and was wondering if this mark would put them off? It seems a bit weird that i got 3 good grades in other subjects but in this 4th As i get a sort of not consecuative grade. I put this down to the fact that one of our teachers left us in the learch in December which messed us around, we had a replacement teacher was better and our other teacher had alot of days off. I know my college doesnt offer the jan exam and was wonderin if it would be worth re-taking? Thanks for any help.

ReputationRep:
    You only did 3 proper ASs?

ReputationRep:
    Why retake? My friend just got into Oxford and her AS's were AAAC

ReputationRep:
    Three ASs? That sounds strange to me too, if you're planning on going to Cambridge!

ReputationRep:
    Nope I did 4 AS levels and a got a c in critical thinking but the other 3 grades were better.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, didn't pick that up. Go for it!

ReputationRep:
    Well I dont really think CT is really a subject to retake etc....i'd say it just came naturally. Dont blame the teaching though- at our college we didnt have any at all, we just sat the papers on the day, and people have still come out with A's.

ReputationRep:
    are you planning on contuing with it to A-Level?
    If not I don't think I would bother as their offers are based on 3 a-levels and you can then try and get your 3 As at a-level next year. They might ask you at interview why you got the C.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hawk)
    are you planning on contuing with it to A-Level?
    Critical Thinking, as far as I know, terminates at AS - there is no A2 course.

ReputationRep:
    I got 3A's in my other subjects but got a B in chemistry and b4 this was thinking of applying to oxford to study chemistry, do u think that is an automatic rejection even if I am predicted an A and can prob get it if I just retake one module.

ReputationRep:
    I know its thought highly of but i was thinking of doing social sciences there. If they ask me at the interview why i got the C then i can explain about the time off the teachers had and about how we were given a new teacher in January.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Opalfire)
    time off the teachers had and about how we were given a new teacher in January.
    Tell me about it - you weren't the only one who had this kind of thing happen!

ReputationRep:
    Its terrible! You get behind on the course and the dynamics of the group can be affacted too since 7 people dropped the course :rolleyes:

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.