OCR Tudor Rebellions Watch

meganm0ore
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Really worried about the new OCR Tudor Rebellions course. The exam is on June 9th and I still feel I don't know anything as there's sooooo much information and I don't understand essays, other than causation and the interpretation question. I'm really worried as it's worth 40% of my whole A-Level and I need an A/B to get into Uni.
Does anyone have any revision tips or resources for this course?
EdwardHomqvist
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, I am also studying this, its seems there is a lot of knowledge to be taken in haha, but it will be good, message me if you need to confer notes or something.
MaryCullen
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Omg how have i only found this thread the day before the exam?!?!?
MaryCullen
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
this is what I'm working off and revision cards for the chapters and pilgrimage of grace, tyrone and western
Attached files
TruthSeeker1999
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
In the themes essays always show some limitation to each factor (evaluation) and lead and end with a clear judgement. Also they want synoptic paragraphs, so try to comment on change and continuity, and try to chuck in the word "similarly" as much as possible. I'm nervous for this one cause there's a lot to do in the essay, but I think if you do those things you can get away with not knowing a lot of detail and still get marks. Good luck to everyone
tuesday90909
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
how did people find it?
MaryCullen
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by tuesday90909)
how did people find it?
acc not too bad!

interpretations was easy with passage A saying Western was cos of religious and economic and passage B saying religious and social

I did the succession as the most frequent cause and used other political causes, economic causes and religious causes to disprove that

Then I did the Irish rebellions were a greater threat question using the chapter 2 structure with duration, location, objectives, leadership etc

how did you find it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (410)
18.7%
The paper was reasonable (1042)
47.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (487)
22.21%
It was TERRIBLE (254)
11.58%

Watched Threads