The Student Room Group

Cobalt Chemistry AQA A-Level (New Spec 2017)

Does anyone know if we have to learn cobalt chemistry reactions like in ligand substitution and colour changes and reaction with oxygen.....? I can't seen to see anything about cobalt chemistry in the new spec but my book has like a whole page explaining cobalt chem... ANYONE? Any reply is appreciated thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by Roman hang Limbu
Does anyone know if we have to learn cobalt chemistry reactions like in ligand substitution and colour changes and reaction with oxygen.....? I can't seen to see anything about cobalt chemistry in the new spec but my book has like a whole page explaining cobalt chem... ANYONE? Any reply is appreciated thanks.

I'd say remember it just incase, even though the spec doesn't mention it. I found that the spec points for inorganic reactions missed out a lot of info. Nevertheless i'd stay safe and learn it.
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/chemistry/AQA-7405-REACTIONS-OF-METAL-IONS.PDF
Here's a list of all the transition metal ions you need to know! Cobalt is 'useful' but not required, so it might come up as part of a question but you probably won't be specifically asked about cobalt chemistry.

Quick Reply

Latest