Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Difficult Maths Question

ReputationRep:
    I have a difficult maths question and was wondering whether somebody could talk me through it, if you are interested in helping somebody who is in a real neeeeeeeeeed please message me Topic: Coordinates, Geometry, Bearings...

All in 1 Question lol

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwertyBio)
    I have a difficult maths question and was wondering whether somebody could talk me through it, if you are interested in helping somebody who is in a real neeeeeeeeeed please message me Topic: Coordinates, Geometry, Bearings...

All in 1 Question lol

thanks
    I've moved this to the maths forum, where hopefully you'll get some help.

However, it's better that you just post the question rather than ask for PMs.

ReputationRep:

All in 1 Question lol

thanks
    Post them here. What are the questions?

ReputationRep:

All in 1 Question lol

thanks
    Post question please.

ReputationRep:

All in 1 Question lol

thanks
    Yes, it's always better to post questions here. You are more likely to get a response, and mistakes are more likely to be spotted

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Name:  MATHS.PNG
Views: 21
Size:  9.9 KB

Thanks for the responses guys,

This is the maths question, its part of a mock exam but most likely questions like this are going to come up, please if anybody can solve this and show working out, it would be a great help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    I've moved this to the maths forum, where hopefully you'll get some help.

However, it's better that you just post the question rather than ask for PMs.
    Thanks for the heads up friend!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Syed Institute)
    Post question please.
    Posted!

ReputationRep:
    Name:  MATHS.PNG
Views: 21
Size:  9.9 KB

Thanks for the responses guys,

This is the maths question, its part of a mock exam but most likely questions like this are going to come up, please if anybody can solve this and show working out, it would be a great help!
    Great. So now you need to post your working to let the good people here guide you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Great. So now you need to post your working to let the good people here guide you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm finding it difficult to even start this, I tried converting the bearings to decimal degrees and going from there but I'm not sure on how to move forward from that!

ReputationRep:
    Anybody manage to get an idea?

ReputationRep:
    Anybody manage to get an idea?
    What level is this question? A-Level or GCSE??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RDKGames)
    X
    Lol you ask him to post the Q but you don't seem ready to help. Is geometry not your strong points?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boswell)
    Lol you ask him to post the Q but you don't seem ready to help. Is geometry not your strong points?
    I am doing the question right now though...

ReputationRep:
    This is uni work but first year - and majority is a level work. Just not understanding how to go about doing this, thanks to everyone who is trying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boswell)
    DAMN best rap album in the last ten years? Pure fire

ReputationRep:
    I'm finding it difficult to even start this, I tried converting the bearings to decimal degrees and going from there but I'm not sure on how to move forward from that!
    Can you work out the co-ordinates of the circle's centre and the circle's radius?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichE)
    Can you work out the co-ordinates of the circle's centre and the circle's radius?
    I'm not understanding what the type of equation given is. If it's already in the correct form, would you not square root the 96.25 to get the radius?

ReputationRep:
    This is uni work but first year - and majority is a level work. Just not understanding how to go about doing this, thanks to everyone who is trying
    Okay fair enough. The numbers are disgusting but its doable. The key thing here is that the arc length is given by r\theta where r is the radius, and the \theta is the angle of the arc.

That diagram is extremely messy so here's the simple version:

Have a go at finding finding this angle, it really isn't anything difficult, just time consuming and the numbers aren't very nice.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not understanding what the type of equation given is. If it's already in the correct form, would you not square root the 96.25 to get the radius?
    No... the equation of the circle is (x-a)^2+(y-b)^2=r^2 where you read off the coordinates of the centre and radius.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.