cafe revision etiquette and recommended cafe's to study

Watch
Studystix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
1)when revising in public places such as cafe's, what's the least you can buy to prevent being kicked out?
2) what places have you gone to to study for a long period of time, McDonald's? Starbucks? tell me!

999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Studystix)
1)when revising in public places such as cafe's, what's the least you can buy to prevent being kicked out?
2) what places have you gone to to study for a long period of time, McDonald's? Starbucks? tell me!
Why not just use a library?

Look around and see what other people do? Some cafes with free wifi etc wont mind you studying there as long as you buy something every 60-90 mins. Others will want you to move on. Ive always studied at home or in the library.
username2337813
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Starbucks or a local coffee shop
username1842595
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've been in Starbucks/Costa from the time they opened till the time they closed at 7/8pm to study. I bought a filter coffee for £1 and then got a refill at lunchtime, and they had no problem whatsoever with me staying to study. If you are a tea drinker, I'm pretty sure Starbucks do green tea/tea and it's not expensive either, I can't remember the price but it's from £1-1.50.

I don't like libraries because it's too quiet to study there, and also because you can't eat/drink in there and also because they close quite early at 5pm in my area. I can't revise at home because it's too loud and therefore rely on cafe's.
doodle_333
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think it will depend how busy a cafe is. If they're busy you need to buy something every 60 minutes or so. If they're quiet with lots of empty seats the staff probably won't mind if you drag your drink out for longer. I think you're perfectly fine to sit there with just a drink though.

The other thing is that you should not take up a 4 seater table or something if it's busy and there's only you.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Studystix)
Most cafés I see will ask you to leave fairly quickly if it's obvious that you're taking up a table/sofa to some work on and are just nursing a coffee for as long as you can get away with.
Rexar
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You know, most people fond it hard to revise at home because it is too loud, I just wear ear buds, blocks out all the noise in the comfort of my own home.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (57)
14.65%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (98)
25.19%
I'm a bit unsure (67)
17.22%
I'm finding things difficult (133)
34.19%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (34)
8.74%

Watched Threads