Switching to Edinburgh uni -straight into second year HELP!!

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I am currently studying chemical engineering at Heriot Watt University in Edinburgh. I was wondering if I would be allowed to transfer to Edinburgh University if I re-did some of My A-levels?. I did Maths, Furthermaths, Chemistry and Biology and got A C B C respectively. I gott all A's in my AS levels but got e's and u's in my A2's

I have now started working hard did well in my december exams and am looking to get an average of a first in my summer exams in May.

Is it possible to switch Unis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cpj16)
    Hi!
    I am currently studying chemical engineering at Heriot Watt University in Edinburgh. I was wondering if I would be allowed to transfer to Edinburgh University if I re-did some of My A-levels?. I did Maths, Furthermaths, Chemistry and Biology and got A C B C respectively. I gott all A's in my AS levels but got e's and u's in my A2's

I have now started working hard did well in my december exams and am looking to get an average of a first in my summer exams in May.

Is it possible to switch Unis?
    Email/Call Edinburgh with your a-level grades + uni grades, only they can tell you if you'd be considered.

Why are you looking to switch? HW is very strong for Chem Eng and has great links to employers (when I interned at BP at school, they kept raving on about it).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Email/Call Edinburgh with your a-level grades + uni grades, only they can tell you if you'd be considered.

Why are you looking to switch? HW is very strong for Chem Eng and has great links to employers (when I interned at BP at school, they kept raving on about it).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, One of the big reasons is that I d be able I would have more oppertunities in the third year. For example, going abroad to different countries for studying.

I think Heriot Watt only allows you to go to Dubai and Malaysia.

Heriot Watt is not in the centre of Edinburgh and sometimes it takes an hour to get into the city.

Also my girlfriend goes to Edinburgh Uni and we could be closer together.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently i have to wait till aug 16th even if.I want to go to second year

Dont people drop out after first year??

ReputationRep:
    Id never ever make a decision due to a girlfriend, and in second year you would move somewhere on the 25 bus route in between edinburgh and hw so you would closer to the city, also speak to your tutor there's always other opportunities to work abroad.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 24, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How often do you buy stationery?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.