Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

How much does a lean/athletic body boost a guy's attractiveness? Watch

How much would you say it boosts someone? Say a guy is a 6/10 and he went to the gym, and a year later, he obtained a lean athletic physique, what does he become?

ReputationRep:
    Batman.

ReputationRep:
    Quite a bit...8/10. Sexual attraction is subconsciously driven by primal needs to find good genetics to pass on to your offsprings

ReputationRep:
    Quite a bit, depends really, if you're starting fat then more than easily a few points.

ReputationRep:
    A shitload. Trust.

The difference in attention I get when I'm lean/athletic vs when I look like an average guy is huuuuuuge.

I've been a bunch of different body types btw. From really skinny, to fat, to athletic.

skinny is good too. If you're not like disgustingly skinny. I still get attention when I'm skinny but it's like the difference between when you see a girl with nice tits and an arse vs one with no tits or arse lol.

(Original post by ChickenMadness)
    A shitload. Trust.

The difference in attention I get when I'm lean/athletic vs when I look like an average guy is huuuuuuge.

I've been a bunch of different body types btw. From really skinny, to fat, to athletic.

skinny is good too. If you're not like disgustingly skinny. I still get attention when I'm skinny but it's like the difference between when you see a girl with nice tits and an arse vs one with no tits or arse lol.
    What do you mean by more attention? Do girls stare/glance at you more, do they approach you more, do they smile at you more?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What do you mean by more attention? Do girls stare/glance at you more, do they approach you more, do they smile at you more?
    Ye I get more stares and smiles. I get those 'looks' that are hard to explain. Looks that don't happen when I look like crap.

They flirt with me more at parties and on nights out.

When I look like crap girls don't look at me lmao. They sort of just look straight ahead most of the time avoiding eye contact and walk past. But when I'm in good shape I'll smile at some girls and occasionally they'l even 'blush' and act embarassed sort of. Or their face lights up lol.

And ye sometimes I'll meet a girl and I don't have to put any effort in with the flirting because the girl is doing most of the work. That situation happens when I'm athletic looking. It doesn't happen when I'm not.

Gotta say being fat is the absolute worst of all the body types (for me anyway). If I get fat it's game over. Zero attention haha. My face doesn't look good when I'm fat as well. When I'm skinny my face looks good. When I'm athletic it looks better.

If you PM me I'll tell you some more situations that I don't really wanna post on the thread haha.

(Original post by Boswell)
    Quite a bit...8/10. Sexual attraction is subconsciously driven by primal needs to find good genetics to pass on to your offsprings
    This is completely untrue lol. I don't think the majority care how their kids are going to look like while they seek a partner, you just go with what you're attracted to. And also where's this belief come from that two good looking people making good looking children? It's not true a lot of the time, both my parents were defo much better looking than me.

If anything often I see lots of average looking people making very attractive children

ReputationRep:
    This is completely untrue lol. I don't think the majority care how their kids are going to look like while they seek a partner, you just go with what you're attracted to. And also where's this belief come from that two good looking people making good looking children? It's not true a lot of the time, both my parents were defo much better looking than me.

If anything often I see lots of average looking people making very attractive children
    That's not what Boswell said

Firstly, he said subsconciously, IE not actively think about it.
    Secondly, whilst it may not be true all the time, generally speaking good looking people will produce good looking offspring.
    Thirdly, Boswell made no reference to appearance. He said genetics.
    Lastly, he's right.

ReputationRep:
    Not as much as cry W**king to the Bee Gees illustrious back catalogue.

ReputationRep:

What?
    Evolution is the reason why there's subconscious sexual attraction for tallness and muscularity. Humans have been around for over 3 million years and only until about 10,000 years we started doing agriculture and domestication. Humans still have the animal-engrained mentality and despite some girls may say they are/aren't attracted to a particular type of guy, years of evolution can't be simply erased

ReputationRep:
    7/10 I think personality and a good sense of humor makes you much more attractive

What?
    Evolution is the reason why there's subconscious sexual attraction for tallness and muscularity. Humans have been around for over 3 million years and only until about 10,000 years we started doing agriculture and domestication. Humans still have the animal-engrained mindset and despite some girls may say they are/aren't attracted to a particular type of guy, years of evolution can't be simply erased
    Ohh I completely agree with this of course, but I was disagreeing with your point about people caring what their kids will look like and having this thought in their mind when they seek a potential partner. Because soooo many times the notion that two good looking parents automatically have good looking children is false.

ReputationRep:
    How much would you say it boosts someone? Say a guy is a 6/10 and he went to the gym, and a year later, he obtained a lean athletic physique, what does he become?
    i duuno why i even go to the gym, its for your own health

ReputationRep:
    Ohh I completely agree with this of course, but I was disagreeing with your point about people caring what their kids will look like and having this thought in their mind when they seek a potential partner. Because soooo many times the notion that two good looking parents automatically have good looking children is false.
    Oh ok I wasn't referring to appearance but you say that a good looking person may have ugly parents but couldn't that just be because they're older?

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok I wasn't referring to appearance but you say that a good looking person may have ugly parents but couldn't that just be because they're older?
    Maybe the kid is a mutant.

ReputationRep:
    Or just unlucky with the genetic lottery. Getting all the bad traits from both parents. E.G you might have a boy that just got all his mothers physical characteristics and looks really feminine. vice versa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritSharD)
    That's not what Boswell said

Firstly, he said subsconciously, IE not actively think about it.
    Secondly, whilst it may not be true all the time, generally speaking good looking people will produce good looking offspring.
    Thirdly, Boswell made no reference to appearance. He said genetics.
    Lastly, he's right.

I agree with the other guy
    'Generally speaking good looking people will produce good looking offspring' is very common misconception lol. For starters genetics is wayyyy to complicated for that and you could end up looking more like the parents of your parents of even the parents of their parents... and the list goes on and on genes can skip so many generations.

Nope even when they're younger. Like for sure my parents are 100% better looking than me and my sister, it happens a lot of the time. Just means we probably attained more from relatives further down the line

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gjd800)
    Maybe the kid is a mutant.
    Normally a good looking person implies a good looking kid. If you look at the parent and think they're ugly, they've probably just aged very badly and just proves looks don't last forever. I don't know if it's all the cigarettes and bad eating but when I'm in UK, I can't help but notice most British people looking shi.t after 40ish

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: April 21, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.