Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I E-mailed the accomodation office and they replied straight away telling me I'm in Oak house.

I'd put my first choice as Richmond Park but I'm pretty happy anyway. I've got an extra £20 a week to spend now just for the inconvenience of having to share the bathrooms.

At open day the guy who showed us round fallowfield was a cool geeza so I'm hoping they'll be a few like minded people in there.

I really just wanted to be in fallowfield because of it's atmosphere and am really looking forward to coming down!

ReputationRep:
    By the way my name's James if you want to add me to the list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christian_a40)
    I'm going to Woolton Hall to do law in sept.....they haven' told me what room or anything yet, so i may be sleeping on the floor for a year
    Hya Christian -

I'll be at Woolton aswell!! I think there's about 5 of us on here now

ReputationRep:
    I havent been told what block im in at woolton.. it didnt say on the contract i got.. I hope i have spencer tho.. its the prettiest one i doubt ill get it however..

I am going to move in on the saturday, and i dont want to miss anything by being late lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christian_a40)
    I'm going to Woolton Hall to do law in sept.....they haven' told me what room or anything yet, so i may be sleeping on the floor for a year
    neither have i so i suspect we only find out when we get there

ReputationRep:
    I was told my exact floor and room number at Wright Robinson. I'm gonna move in on the 16th...3 weeks and 1 day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Incomplete)
    neither have i so i suspect we only find out when we get there
    yeah when i spoke to the lady on the fone she told me which block, floor and room number i was in, it didnt say on the contract tho!

ReputationRep:
    Yay! I finally received my accommodation pack! I'm in Garstang House, Whitworth Park!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirstenb)
    yeah when i spoke to the lady on the fone she told me which block, floor and room number i was in, it didnt say on the contract tho!
    ah which block are you in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IDunnoWhy)
    Yay! I finally received my accommodation pack! I'm in Garstang House, Whitworth Park!
    Great place, Whitworth. Right near the uni and a Subway opposite, mmm meatball sub...

ReputationRep:
    Dalton Ellis - Law

i asked for en suite but they said thats at sutherland, they r not sure if they can provide me But is Sutherland a part of Dalton ellis?? Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soccercrazygal)
    Dalton Ellis - Law

i asked for en suite but they said thats at sutherland, they r not sure if they can provide me But is Sutherland a part of Dalton ellis?? Anyone?
    Yeah, Sutherland is a blcok within Dalton Ellis as far as I'm aware.

I received my accomm forms on tuesday and I'm returning them this evening. So, they'll definately get them back before the deadline, right? Gettin all worried now!!

ReputationRep:
    I went to Woolton today and went in my own room! its so cool! its such a nice hall ,all peaceful and green with pretty trees and lawns and flowers!!!!! im in cavendish n there were some builders just finishing off!!! im on the 3rd floor in the end room!!!! i got so excited!!! its a beautiful hall!!! cant wait to see u all there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirstenb)
    I went to Woolton today and went in my own room! its so cool! its such a nice hall ,all peaceful and green with pretty trees and lawns and flowers!!!!! im in cavendish n there were some builders just finishing off!!! im on the 3rd floor in the end room!!!! i got so excited!!! its a beautiful hall!!! cant wait to see u all there!
    you really shouldnt say that, its bad enough having to work all day with out you increasing the desire to leave for uni by telling me my halls are beautiful
    how come you were there today?

ReputationRep:
    Heya,
    Im new and i rang up today and i got Oak House, Sycamore court.
    My first choice was richmond park, and i was well upset i didnt get it cos en suite was really important to me, but its wicked its still in fallowfield so im happy, plus ethernet connection, if i didnt have that i wudve kicked up a fuss!
    Im doing philosophy!
    im excited now tho!

nufctillidie- yay oak house!

ReputationRep:
    btw, does anyone know, between 8 ppl in oak house, is it one toilet? and it says a bathroom and showerroom, does that mean a bath and shower in one room, or separate rooms?

and in the pack, dyu get told if u have a washbasin? and if its mixed or single sex?
    i hope i get my pack 2mro!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rups)
    btw, does anyone know, between 8 ppl in oak house, is it one toilet? and it says a bathroom and showerroom, does that mean a bath and shower in one room, or separate rooms?

and in the pack, dyu get told if u have a washbasin? and if its mixed or single sex?
    i hope i get my pack 2mro!
    Taken from the Man Uni Alternative Prospectus:

"Your flat is made up of two floors, with four bedrooms on each, a bathroom, shower room and separate toilets"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Incomplete)
    you really shouldnt say that, its bad enough having to work all day with out you increasing the desire to leave for uni by telling me my halls are beautiful
    how come you were there today?
    sorry!! but atleast u can look forward to it! i only live 40 mins out of manchester and had to take a cheque into my school, which is two mins walk from woolton so i thought id drop in and see my room!!!

ReputationRep:
    W/ Oak House that means that there a toilet n bath/shower upstairs n toilet n shower downstairs...the girls get the better deal in the mixed flats coz they alwyz upstairs!

ReputationRep:
    oooh cool, thanks so much for the info, thats made me feel much better!
    sounds quite cool actually!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.