Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got my accommodation stuff yesterday, I've been allocated St Anselms Hall. Having massively mixed feelings about this - its an all male hall!!! I must have been really unlucky, Anselms was my third choice.

Anybody else got allocated here?? Please say there are!

ReputationRep:
    hmm.....atleast u got one of your three choices, i didnt get any of them! but then i was allocated oak house, hmmmm!
    im sure itll be alright.....ull meet girls on ur course!

ReputationRep:
    I got my first choice, when did everybody send off their application?

ReputationRep:
    I sent mine off at the end of april and ended up with my 3rd choice, glad now though because it means that i have more money to spend during the year :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    :O See for me, they didn't send me the form and book so I didn't until the beginning of July after exams when I organised myself! Canterbury Court (first choice) must have had nobody wanting to go this year - it is very expensive

ReputationRep:
    i send mine sometime in june/july and they put me into canterbury court.

so your not alone..,]

doing physics

ReputationRep:
    hmm, i didnt get either of my choices, and i applied in feb, almost as soon as id got my offer and seen the uni halls!
    who knows how they allocate it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Yeha sorry, girls are allowed on the bottom floor obviously, however they will not be given a room on the bottom floor to sleep in as they a vulnerable to people breaking in apparently.
    Whatever happened to sexual equality <tut> Some use I would be at fighting off burgulars. I think I'd have to get the girls to deal with it while I stand on a chair squealing like that woman out of Tom and Jerry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pghstochaj)
    :O See for me, they didn't send me the form and book so I didn't until the beginning of July after exams when I organised myself! Canterbury Court (first choice) must have had nobody wanting to go this year - it is very expensive
    it was my first choice and i didn't get in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkegokane)
    it was my first choice and i didn't get in
    I apologise

ReputationRep:
    how the hell did they do the halls this year?
    my mate got hulme hall....the complete opposite of what she wanted, its expensive like london prices, its catered and its in victoria park....she was crying down the phone to me!
    silly accomodation people!

ReputationRep:
    Not been on the site in a while...

I'm going to be in Woolton Hall and I will be studying Accounting and Finance.

It seems that half the people who will be living in Woolton Hall frequent this site!

Marchie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rups)
    how the hell did they do the halls this year?
    my mate got hulme hall....the complete opposite of what she wanted, its expensive like london prices, its catered and its in victoria park....she was crying down the phone to me!
    silly accomodation people!
    They never do it very well, my sister was in the same position as your friend. - complete opposite; hulme hall is cheaper than mine though. (relative to catered/self catered)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pghstochaj)
    I apologise
    ah it's not a problem, i realised that where i'm actually going is a lot better in terms of accessibility, price etc.

ReputationRep:
    how do they "compose" the mixture of ppl in a flat? do they actually bother to watch out and not have 8 arts and one maths guy in on flat?

and how many 2nd/3rd years stay in halls? so can i hope to have a 2nd year in my flat to show me round(shops, pubs)

will it be pasta and pizza during the first weeks in sc halls?,]]

ReputationRep:
    I got my first choice. It's on the UMIST campus though so maybe less Manchester University students apply there so I had a better chance as psychology isn't taught at UMIST. Also, it doesn't seem as popular on here at least as some halls, but I didn't wanna be in Fallowfield...I need some sleep! (Yes, I'm aware I'm right next to a traintrack lol, didn't know that at the time!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by betatim)
    how do they "compose" the mixture of ppl in a flat? do they actually bother to watch out and not have 8 arts and one maths guy in on flat?

and how many 2nd/3rd years stay in halls? so can i hope to have a 2nd year in my flat to show me round(shops, pubs)

will it be pasta and pizza during the first weeks in sc halls?,]]

in my flat and the other ones i can think of there was a big mix of people, different subjects, home towns blah blah. not sure how much of this was coincidence. also they might try to stick people who have had a gap year together.

quite a few people stay in halls for the 2nd year for convenience, but it probably depends on which hall. i doubt there are many third years in the crazy partying halls because they have to do well in their work, unlike freshers who only need 40%.

pasta and pizza for the first weeks? how about the whole first year? it really depends on how adventurous you are, would be nice to cook a roast or something once in a while. or if you are really pushing the boat out, spaghetti bolognase.

ReputationRep:
    during my gap year i had to feed myself and i have to say it was mostly pizza and pasta if i bothered eatign at home. as a sstudent i don't think i can afford going out for food even if its only "cheap" fast food.

ReputationRep:
    fine by me i say....pizza and pasta right up my ally!
    altho i have learnt how to cook this summer......the boys will be spunging off my food! lol!!1 not a problem....as long as theyre fit! *ahem*

yeh i dont think they allocated the halls very well, my mate complained and cried and they changed it to owens park, so atleast she's in fallowfield near me, and its cheaper, but she still has to pay for catered!

i wudve gone mental if that was me!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it mattered how early you sent it back, i didnt get any of my choices, and i got catered which i realllllly didnt want (anyone wanna swap somehow?) all because man uni didnt get one of my alevel results so it took them like an extra week to accept me so i was only allocated a place like a few days ago. i'm not too happy as i was looking forward to cooking, but can still cook in weekends. still the thought of catering, makes me think of school someone make me feel better
    i am going to OWENS Park, so glad i'm in fallowfield at least

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 17, 2004

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.