Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey can anyone help me? I got accepted 2 UMIST 4 Aero Engineering, but the accom. office haven't sent me anythin yet...

n the phone's busy all the time... what should I do?

thx

ReputationRep:
    I stilll havent been sent anything either, my mum just kept ringing and she did get through after about 10mins and found out, they should be sending me stuff really soon they said so i'm sure its the same for you, thats man uni though, i have no idea if its different

ReputationRep:
    thx... well I hope it'll b soon coz I'm kinda stuck in this situation. I already have a flight ticket, but if I won't get any accomodation (IS THAT POSSIBLE?) then I just dunno what to do...

ReputationRep:
    i'm pretty sure we're all guaranteed accomodation in halls, i assume thats the same at umist. don't worry just keep calling, have you tried emailling them?

ReputationRep:
    yea but it's hopeless... I've just been patient with everything the whole summer (exam results, uni replies...) n I'm tired of it but what else can I do, right? I'll keep trying...

ReputationRep:
    Obviously things are going to take a while to reach Prague so keep your patience and you'll get everything!

The accommodation shouldn't be affected by the differences in the universities since they share accommodation. Despite being a Manchester student I'm going to be in UMIST accommodation, for example.

ReputationRep:
    My friend is going to UMIST and hadn't got anything throught the post so he kept phoning them up. They didn't actually allocate him to any accommodation until last thursday and he got his first choice (richmond park) and i got my accommodation about 2 weeks ago and ended up with my 3rd and we both applied to the same places i think

Anyway if you really want to find out just phone and actually hold until you can speak to someone.

ReputationRep:
    hey I might be going to Chandos Hall as it seems now... no one has mentioned it yet... is it any good?
    oh n I'm goin 4 Aerospace engineering at UMIST

ReputationRep:
    grrrr...i wanted richmond park damnit....how annoying!
    great for ur mate tho!

sorry i just needed to get that out of my system!

ReputationRep:
    so did i :mad:

at least this way i'm saving myself over £20 a week though so there are benefits

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Urania)
    hey I might be going to Chandos Hall as it seems now... no one has mentioned it yet... is it any good?
    oh n I'm goin 4 Aerospace engineering at UMIST
    I had that down as my second choice. Seemed quite nice from the accommodation brochure...you definitely get a washbasin, Internet and phone in your room.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rups)
    grrrr...i wanted richmond park damnit....how annoying!
    great for ur mate tho!

sorry i just needed to get that out of my system!
    En suite really isn't everything! Oak House is great and u still have a bathroom and toilet between 4 people...OK, it's not as modern as richmond park but it's still much better than a lot of accomodation ive visited in other unis! I promise you'll have a great time there! Don't get down about the richmond park situation!

ReputationRep:
    i'm staying in oak house, holly court.. doing geography

ReputationRep:
    shitshitshitshitshitshitshitshit

I didn't realise I had to send my accomodation contract straight back! I'm such a mong! Its been sat on my windowledge for about a week now. I just phoned them up, they've reallocated my room, but they're going to try and get me another room in Bowden court.

I'm such a mong!

ReputationRep:
    yeh i did that too, but it sed 10 days and i left it for about 7 and then sent it off, so i emailed them to keep my place, like it said on the form.
    they better not have changed it!

and yeh thanks rachel_manc for the advice, im okay now about the whole richmond park thing, after chatting to some ppl i realise how lucky i am to have got oak house, so am really looking fwd to it!

ReputationRep:
    So if you don't send back your contract straight away then you lose your room?! boollocks.

ReputationRep:
    You have 10 days. Phone them now! Quickquickquick.

ReputationRep:
    Or email them at [email protected] ... thats what my mum did as I was away on my gap year and had to sign the contract... they keep your place then. The email address should be with your accomodation letter if not post a message and I'll have a look for you in my stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La_la_la)
    Or email them at [email protected] ... .
    probably [email protected]?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it is [email protected].

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 17, 2004

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.