The Student Room Group

What would you think if a guy did this to you?

I catch him looking at me a few times every shift and he always acts like a gentleman around me, such as always letting me past and making sure I don't slip on things. He smiles at me a lot and I get the odd wink now and again.

He doesn't really talk to anybody else, but he can always talk to me - even though I do normally have to initiate the conversation - but once he starts talking he never stops. He never shares personal information with anyone else, but he talks to me about things that are bugging him and tells me about his future plans. We seem to have a lot in common.

I feel like I ignore him at work a lot, just because I dont want to draw attention towards us.

Sometimes he ignores me and wont make eye contact with me when other people are around - but when we are by ourselves he gives me his full attention and we have really intense eye contact.

Im hoping the ignoring me sometimes part is just because he is generally shy around other people - or could it be me misreading him and just focusing in on the good bits.

we cant traditionally flirt like by touching eachother all the time and text eachother because of the fact that we work together

what is everyones opinions on this?
Original post by kerry199
I catch him looking at me a few times every shift and he always acts like a gentleman around me, such as always letting me past and making sure I don't slip on things. He smiles at me a lot and I get the odd wink now and again.

He doesn't really talk to anybody else, but he can always talk to me - even though I do normally have to initiate the conversation - but once he starts talking he never stops. He never shares personal information with anyone else, but he talks to me about things that are bugging him and tells me about his future plans. We seem to have a lot in common.

I feel like I ignore him at work a lot, just because I dont want to draw attention towards us.

Sometimes he ignores me and wont make eye contact with me when other people are around - but when we are by ourselves he gives me his full attention and we have really intense eye contact.

Im hoping the ignoring me sometimes part is just because he is generally shy around other people - or could it be me misreading him and just focusing in on the good bits.

we cant traditionally flirt like by touching eachother all the time and text eachother because of the fact that we work together

Just seems anxious, probably has a low self esteem and poor confidence that's all

Some people have trouble initiating social situations, and have poorer social intelligence, I doubt he's intentionally ignoring you. I'm similar in some respects :h:
Reply 2
Original post by kerry199

For me personally I really struggle to be social when I'm in a large group of people yet when I'm just with say one person I can happily keep the conversation flowing so tbh it may just be a case of his personality and the fact that he acts so confident when it's just you too suggests he really likes your company and can be themselves

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending