The Student Room Group

How to be lowkey in public

When im out in public, i cant help but notice modt prople (mostly girls), stare/glance at me trying to check me out. Its pretty annoying as when im in the library, i just want to put my earphones in and concentrate, but cant help but see some girl looking in my direction. Its even worse when i walk into a building, and people just look in awe.

Ive tried wearing very basic clothing (a blue T, and joggers) in an attempt to supress attention, but the problem is even in a T-shirt, i look good in it because i go to gym. I try to look down to prevent girls from seeing my physical features but i come across as insecure whilst doing that. I also have nice eyes so people like to look into them also.

This post was instigated when some girl queuing up in the shops blatantly stared at me, i simply looked away as soon as I locked eyes. Why cant they leave the staring for clubbing? I came to the shops to buy f.ucking sprite not to see whos looking at me :/
Reply 1
Hide your face? I honestly don't see the big deal, unless you're just showing off how you get a lot of attention from girls.
Reply 2
Wear a burka.
Original post by Anonymous
When im out in public, i cant help but notice modt prople (mostly girls), stare/glance at me trying to check me out. Its pretty annoying as when im in the library, i just want to put my earphones in and concentrate, but cant help but see some girl looking in my direction. Its even worse when i walk into a building, and people just look in awe.

Ive tried wearing very basic clothing (a blue T, and joggers) in an attempt to supress attention, but the problem is even in a T-shirt, i look good in it because i go to gym. I try to look down to prevent girls from seeing my physical features but i come across as insecure whilst doing that. I also have nice eyes so people like to look into them also.

This post was instigated when some girl queuing up in the shops blatantly stared at me, i simply looked away as soon as I locked eyes. Why cant they leave the staring for clubbing? I came to the shops to buy f.ucking sprite not to see whos looking at me :/

You remind me of me in some ways. To be honest its just your social anxiety. Yeah some people will deliberately stare here and there, but if they're burning holes through me usually i'll pull a quick stare down with them then they quickly turn away lol. But if it's bothering you this much i think it's just in your head, just stop caring.
I personally don't think there is a best culture, because I mean who gave any of us the right or that power to determine that? And as humans we won't judge objectively there is always some level of bias and comparison leading to being ethnocentric. Cultures are based on different circumstances such as socialization, location, history etc so no two cultures will be the same. So us as people can't judge another culture cause I mean, you don't know nor did you experience the story/circumstances behind it.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous

Be lucky you get looks from girls. Plenty of guys would kill to be in your place.
Doesn't everyone get looks from people?

I see people looking at me all the time, though it's just like the kind of glance you give to something that's part of the scenery as you walk on. It bothers me sometimes, but I think it's just me placing too much importance on it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending